My FTC Conversion is Done

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny1

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my Transit Connect conversion.

cropped-img_20190318_102248-e1554769186788.jpg

img_20190309_212906.jpg

img_20190309_212216.jpg

img_20190309_212318.jpg

There are more pictures and details here.

Thanks for looking!  :)

Well done! Nice fit and finish. Looks very spacious...

Thank you, guys! I hoped the open furniture would make it look bigger than solid wood.

very very nice job! That is a lot of pink tho haha but wonderful work!

congrats! when do you hit the road and fly?!

nice job, looks great. I see you found out what happens to paper towel rolls if left unsecured. LOL. seriously though nice job. highdesertranger

I was confused. FTC? Federal Trade Commission? Oh, Ford Transit Connect. Never mind.

Looks nice, though.

RoamerRV428 said:
very very nice job!  That is a lot of pink tho haha but wonderful work!

congrats!  when do you hit the road and fly?!

Yes, it IS a lot of pink.  I alternate with a silver grey or a soft green blanket when I need a break from pink.  :)

Unfortunately, I can't fly due to health and age.  But it's an awesome little camper and I can still dream about flying!

WanderingRose said:
Nice job, and I loooove the pink!

I knew before I started building it, it needed to be pink!

highdesertranger said:
nice job,  looks great.  I see you found out what happens to paper towel rolls if left unsecured.  LOL.  seriously though nice job.  highdesertranger

Yes, it's like a cat with a roll of toilet paper!

Thanks!  I made a lot of mistakes, but I am so proud of it!

MrNoodly said:
I was confused. FTC? Federal Trade Commission? Oh, Ford Transit Connect. Never mind.

Looks nice, though.

Yeah, after I posted it I realized I should have titled it Transit Connect.

deryk_the_gypsy said:
Great Job!  I love the FTC 2010-2013...wis they never started making them smaller.

I always wanted this specific model -- 2013 (last of the taller models) with rear and side windows to make it feel more open.  I use magnets to attach solar screening to them which makes it hard to see inside.  Then at night I slide grey fleece covered Reflectix into them.

I think I want to make curtains someday so I don't have to take them down and put them back every day.  So far, that's the only change I would like to make.

I got her coming off lease with 72,000 miles.  My mechanic told me she is "a sweet driving little thing.". :)