My ambo...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine for my cargo trailer from Grant at Little Bear Tag a Longs. Great guy to deal with. I'll try and find the link for you in the morning.

ballo check with that place in paris he may have somthing  he has a lot of windows some are still in the rv and some are out. name is hudsons ph 731 642 3559

Well I just looked up Grant's web site, and he says he's 80% retired. Good for him, but not so good for us. He does say he's still filling orders, but at a slower pace so he still may be able to help with the windows. Mine were extremely well packed and arrived without damage. I have 18x15 awning type which I really like, as I can leave them open a bit even in the rain. I have about 9000 miles on them now, including many miles of rough roads, and no signs of them leaking or any of the mechanisms coming loose like some of the older RV windows did.
http://www.teardrops.net/teardroptrailerparts.html

Little camping trip this past weekend!
01abf412321df6883a9798f3b2593a98.jpg

Baloo said:
Ambo wash today!

Two hours later, one clean ambo!
Nice! That is now "One Clean Machine!" 
I'd like to add that it seems tall enough that the miscreants will most likely miss the solar panels on the roof.  ;-)

Ok I gotta say this again, you need wheels! but I know money money money, soooo,. Grab a piece of cardboard, cut a hole, cover the tire and hit them with some white spray paint at least :D :D

Looks good. 

Mike R

MikeRuth said:
Ok I gotta say this again, you need wheels! but I know money money money, soooo,. Grab a piece of cardboard, cut a hole, cover the tire and hit them with some white spray paint at least :D :D

Looks good. 

Mike R
A small lift kit wouldn't hurt either. [emoji106]

67f47c7597fd16bc32815ceffa66ff3f.jpg

Wheels? Small lift kit? Well you can certainly kiss stealth goodbye at that point. :p

I would hate to get that lifted ambo on a off camber road. that center of gravity is way to high on that rig. strictly street only, all show no go. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I would hate to get that lifted ambo on a off camber road. that center of gravity is way to high on that rig. strictly street only, all show no go. highdesertranger

You took the words out of my mouth!

I just read this entire thread too. OMG!! AWESOME rig. Are you heading to the RTR next January? I'm building a CT and heading there from Indiana in December. Would love to see your rig in person on my out West.

CptMan said:
I just read this entire thread too. OMG!! AWESOME rig. Are you heading to the RTR next January? I'm building a CT and heading there from Indiana in December. Would love to see your rig in person on my out West.

Thanks! If I get the manual transmission installed by then, I will try and make it. Playing Army this weekend, so the ambo isn't getting work done today... I did purchase the steel for my rear bumper brackets. Time to drill some holes!

762179207c46c20ec8e4b6547aa006fc.jpg

Time to get ready to cook!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434680909.938364.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434680909.938364.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434680909.938364.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 26
baloo what kind of stove is that? looks nice, almost like a marine stove. you need to show off your rear bumper those brackets look pretty heavy duty. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
baloo what kind of stove is that? looks nice, almost like a marine stove. you need to show off your rear bumper those brackets look pretty heavy duty. highdesertranger

Thanks, it is a marine stove by a company called Homestrand, model no. 206. I wanted an alcohol stove given their safety record in the marine industry. Also you can find rubbing alcohol damn near everywhere.
The bumper brackets are drilled up, painted and awaiting hardware from fastenal. I also need to go pick up the bumper itself.

Latest posts