MUSIC Modern Swing, There's such a Thing?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txjaybird

Reaction score
:s I've driven around for about 3mo WITH NO MUSIC!  Another thing on my Fix List.

So cruising around youtube today I found Speak Easy Three.....When I Get Low I get High, 
also Sweet Sisters........ Hit the Road Jack.  I grew up with parents born in the very early 1900s so the music I listened to was not what most baby boomers heard.  I think I like Modern Swing as well as Delta Blues, Rockabilly, any Country music, Old MoTown and others.

At some point I will need help with learning what I can listen to music on while  driving down the road, other than radio and cd's.

I can't do links so if anyone want to for these feel free    :)

Jewellann

Speak Easy Three:

I loved it!! The 40s is really my favorite, but I love the 20s too. I enjoy the Bodice Rippers

You might try a Pandora channel. I have several that have different genre's! The 20s, 40s, 70s country, etc

edit: I so forgot to put "doo wop, doo wop" in my reply, dang it!!

Not sure this qualifies other than being modern and having 'swing' in the title

[video=youtube]

Jewellann
OK , this is an easy one....kind of surprising you didn't mention it.
Texas swing !
Asleep at the Wheel
No link cuz all of their songs are great !

rvpopeye said:
Jewellann
OK , this is an easy one....kind of surprising you didn't mention it.
Texas swing !
Asleep at the Wheel
No link cuz all of their songs are great !

:huh:   Oh Crap... I musta had a senoir moment!!!

Believe it or not I just saw Steven Segal singing Hoochie Koochie Man,  Bruce Willlis doing Devil Woman and some of my favorites, The music videos from Black Snake Moan....my favorite there is Stackolee.    Also I found Swamp Witch by Jim Stafford with some great art work as the song plays

Some day I'll be able to down load the songs I want to hear.....Whoopee!   :)

Jewellann

Freemake Video Downloader
Just paste the URL into it , select the quality you want and Git It!

I just posted Ella Fitzgerald's version of When I get low, then I get high. Yeah, I love the old swing too. Blues also, with rap and hip hop taking over, who's carrying the torch for traditional blues?

And Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers? I don't think most people nowadays realize just how good they were.

New Blues ????
Marcus King Band
He's 20 years old , already among the all time greats.

rvpopeye said:
Freemake Video Downloader
Just paste the URL into it  , select the quality you want and Git It!

:huh:  Thanks, I'm gonna get back to you on this.

Jewellann

Big bad voodoo daddy, is some good modern swing. Reverend ravens big Damn band is an interesting blues band as well.

No problemo , PM me if you want help with the Freemake app TJB.

Borday
I'm def going to check those two out. The names alone have me !