Mobile printer suggestions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely need to scan or print anything but places with them are so easy to find, I never give it a second thought.

Libraries, Office Depot type store, almost any print shop, almost any postal/shipping center, Fedex, etc.

When my printer died on me in the middle of printing something, I simply saved the documents to a USB drive and stopped in at the local Office Depot and they printed it out for me.

For scanners, the Fujitsu Scansnaps have a good reputation, but may be more expensive.

Anyone have hands-on experience?

I've been looking for a 12V paper printer, brand not important. Wired or WiFi is ok. Smaller is good.

I do have the "occasional" need to print out a form. Example would be a camping permit form and a few VA/Govmt/Insurance papers that need signed and mailed.

I think having one on-board would be an asset.
mobile printer
Thanks in advance
I have to get a mobile printer to print out documents for my new job. The company recommends a Brother Pocket 6, but the damn thing is $300. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have found a few mobile printers but they all seem to be pricey. I would like to stay under $200 if at all possible.

I looked at mobile printers and decided against one. They are expensive to buy and slso expensive to buy ink for them. I travel with a low budget, modestly priced canon ink jet printer. Nothing has broken in the way of the plastic structure, all the functions still work. It cost $25.00 (discount sale) at Walmart. It is now on year three and still working great. It is is a bit bulky, but on the
smaller sized for a home office printer. it is not fragile or heavy. I store it on its side as that takes up a lot less space in my cabinet. No problems have developed from storing it in that sideways position. I can buy the ink cartridges at Walmart and office supply stores. That is important to me as I do not want to have to be waiting for an online order of ink to arrive when facing a deadline move from a 14 day campsite. Sure I wish it was smaller but other than that I have no complaints. I do not print color photos with it so I can’t offer a review on that. I primarily print sheets of instructions and also shipping labels with it. I am not using it to print high quality color photos so I can’t comment on that ability.

Last edited:
I have to get a mobile printer to print out documents for my new job. The company recommends a Brother Pocket 6, but the damn thing is $300. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have found a few mobile printers but they all seem to be pricey. I would like to stay under $200 if at all possible.
Have you considered a thermal printer? You never need ink. $100.

Limited-time deal: JADENS Portable Printers Wireless for Travel, Support 8.5" X 11" US Letter, Bluetooth Thermal Printer Compatible with iOS, Android & Laptop, Inkless Mobile Printer for Office, Home, School https://a.co/d/6pubFdi

I looked at mobile printers and decided against one. They are expensive to buy and slso expensive to buy ink for them. I travel with a low budget, modestly priced canon ink jet printer. Nothing has broken in the way of the plastic structure, all the functions still work. It cost $25.00 (discount sale) at Walmart. It is now on year three and still working great. It is is a bit bulky, but on the
smaller sized for a home office printer. it is not fragile or heavy. I store it on its side as that takes up a lot less space in my cabinet. No problems have developed from storing it in that sideways position. I can buy the ink cartridges at Walmart and office supply stores. That is important to me as I do not want to have to be waiting for an online order of ink to arrive when facing a deadline move from a 14 day campsite. Sure I wish it was smaller but other than that I have no complaints. I do not print color photos with it so I can’t offer a review on that. I primarily print sheets of instructions and also shipping labels with it. I am not using it to print high quality color photos so I can’t comment on that ability.
I think we have the same printer. The Canon Pixma? I didn't bring mine with because I wasn't sure how well it would hold up.

I think we have the same printer. The Canon Pixma? I didn't bring mine with because I wasn't sure how well it would hold up.
I also have a Pixma, and keep it on an overhead shelf. It fell from the shelf one day while I was driving and fell about five feet. Still running fiine. Good quality, and doesn't take much power. Pretty much any small inverter will work.

My Canon printer is a Pixma MG2522. Pixma is the name for a series of inkjet printers. There are a number of different models in that series. Some have Wi-Fi capability. The MG2522 requires a cable connection.

thank you so much for your suggestion.