Millenicom Reborn?–Unlimited Verizon Data Plans for $47.75/month from OmniLynx Wire

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cyndi said:
I JUST now received the verizon jetpack from OmniLynx. Playing with it now. I'm a little disappointed that the billing cycle ends 9/25. Unless that's when my first billing cycle starts.

All other reports I've seen on facebook and blogs are positive with regard to speeds, etc.

Suanne said:
I haven't received my device yet either.  And I think I ordered on the same day as Cyndi.  I'm on the west coast; so, maybe it just takes longer to get here.  I did receive the order confirmation; but no notice that it was shipped.  And, my PayPal account was charged the day after the order.  Hopefully the device will arrive tomorrow (Monday).

Suanne

I ordered mine the same day also, and i live in the midwest, still have not received it yet!

Y'all (I am from Texas) probably got in when they were swamped and they went on not available for awhile as they were sold out. Since they are taking orders again (I think I read that), you should be getting them shortly. My $0.02 worth.

Brian

If anyone deserves one, it's your model of frugal adventure lifestyle. Hope to see more postings once the pseudo-verizon connection is running for you.

Fed-Ex delivered the mifi device this morning, i have been watching youtube vids all evening, works great! Im very happy with this deal so far.

East said:
Any word from anyone using a lot of data like over 10gb?

I wonder how they will be with throttling, hopefully lenient.

last month I dropped a bit over 70 gig, no slowdowns detected in it, so throttling so far is a non issue.

Is there a way to ASSUME someone's plan? Guess I should have just bought one and Rented it out. Oh well. Maybe in five years there will be a better plan.

offroad said:
Oh well. Maybe in five years there will be a better plan.

Given the fact that usable bandwidth on the electromagnetic spectrum is limited, and demand is constantly increasing, I seriously doubt that there will be better/cheaper plans in five years.  We may well look back on this time as the "Golden Age" of cellular internet access.  The system simply can't support gazillions of people downloading gazillions of cute kitten videos at high speed.

Regards
John

cyndi said:

Keep in mind that you are paying a monthly fee along with the purchase.

I am paying $10 per GB ($50 for 5 GB valid for 60 days - online purchase) with a no contract straighttalk hotspot. I bought a reconditioned hotspot off their website too ($10). I need about 10GB per month or so. If I have wifi via a park then I need much, much less. So this is good for me. I do not have $200 to throw away every month and if I did, I probably wouldn't be using it for internet. So far, I seem to be able to buy as much data as I need and I don't get throttled. Hard to tell since the wifi, like the phones in this area, speed up/slow down for seemingly no reason. FYI You can buy data at Wal-Mart and other stores for the same price but you will be paying taxes on your purchase. I do not seem to be paying sales tax in my online purchase. And the internet seems to think I am in either NV or AZ (I'm in NM). I also have a Net zero on auto pay (2GB/mo #). I'm thinking of dumping them. Straighttalk is cheaper.

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/shop/serviceplans/hotspotserviceplans

The hotspot I bought for $10 http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpd...E=33972578&productVariantExtensionId=36292185

If anyone want to sell theirs i would be willing to pay a little extra for the unit and the password to the Omnilynx Website. (for payments) They billed me than canceled my order after 3 weeks. :(

illtww. That is not doable as the payments are locked to my bank as auto payments. I have to return the jetpack to cancel the plan. Also contract is not transferable.

ccbreder said:
illtww. That is not doable as the payments are locked to my bank as auto payments. I have to return the jetpack to cancel the plan. Also contract is not transferable.

You paid with a bank account routing number when you initially order the Jetpack from them? I know when i I ordered I could click on the PayNow  Put in my account # and then new CC info for my monthly payment.

illtww. I was presented with the choice of pay-as-i-go, or an automatic payment option. I selected pay as i go and was denied the data plan. When I selected auto payments, my order went through and now I have my jet pack. (edit) I linked to a credit card.)

ccbreder

10-4... Guess I am wondering what happens if that credit card is lost or stolen... Has to be a way to change it.  In any case if you do want to sell it please send me a email.  My email is my username @gmail.com  Would be glad to throw some cash your way!