New unlimited Verizon data plan...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradKW

Reaction score
This looks interesting enough that I might follow up on it even though I'm still months away from being mobile. It's a "free" jetpack and unlimited data for $50/mo, key ingredient here being that there is no throttling for tethered usage, only possible network management after 22GB or so...

FMCA Announces Verizon Unlimited Data Plan - $49.99/month

Link is to Technomadia YouTube...here is Text link:  

Text link

Requires membership in the "Family Motor Coach Association" for $60. Must verify ownership of a "Motor Coach" to join. $50 monthly price is only good for one year.

Yup...thus the Jetpack MiFi isn't exactly free, but considering it costs $200 if purchased separately, $60 is still a good deal.

And apparently you get to keep the Jetpack if you cancel plan, and there's no contract.

Over all, this appears to be the best deal going for actual unlimited 4G with no tethering restrictions...I just got my FMCA membership and did first step to signing up for this plan...

I just upgraded my 5510L Jetpack today at the VZ store for the 6620L version. They are refunding my $50 cost at the end of the month. Verified in contract and VZ email. The MiFi version is the newer 6620L, not much info available and the Mgr agreed to a no charge return if it didn't perform as well as the 3 yr old version I’ve been using. Base cost on new is $65/mo plus $20 per line, no contract.

We shall see, but 18G to unlimited w/no throttle seems like a win.

I went ahead and signed up for the plan because as far as I can tell, the unlimited tethering for under $50/mo on Verizon is unique. 

The Jetpack® MiFi® 7730L ships on June 20th and retail is $200... "free" with the $60 membership fee. I find it interesting that a deal like this is being offered through a RV club... someone must know someone I bet. 

But the plan/price is guaranteed for 12 months, and I'd get to keep the JetPack if I unsubbed at any point.

If you know anybody using Verizon and they are a veteran, encourage them to ask for their 15% discount.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Technomadia just reported that Verizon pulled the plug on the whole deal.

They thought they were setting up a special deal for an organization of a few thousand members; and suddenly everybody and their kid brother were trying to join FMCA whether they owned a motor coach or not just to get the deal.

I kinda figured it was too good to survive getting swamped, which is why I jumped in immediately...hoped I'd be in the initial wave of grandfathered survivors ;)

It's not the first time Verizon pulled the plug on this sort of deal because of online posting by large groups.

RVTravel said:
It's not the first time Verizon pulled the plug on this sort of deal because of online posting by large groups.

Everybody wants inexpensive, unlimited, high speed cellular internet.

Alas, it turns out you can only have any two, not all three.  TANSTAAFL!

I picked this up off of RV.net

VERIZON WIRELESS PLAN UPDATE
06/19/2017 3:48pm EST
As you may have heard, FMCA had been working with Verizon to offer a special rate on an unlimited wireless data plan. After the “soft launch” of this plan to a test group of FMCA members (before the planned launch to all members), Verizon called FMCA and told us to pull the offering. Verizon officials indicated that they will not be honoring any of the orders that had been entered during this test period. We are still working to see whether FMCA and Verizon can put together an advantageous plan for FMCA members, but at this point we are not certain what will result from discussions with Verizon officials.

Sorry Brad