Mike the Mechanic, who has helped SOOOO many people needs help!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
AKA Von Brown, here, on the CRVL forum

He had a stroke. You may remember that he's the wonderful human being that went to dog sit Steves dog while Steve was in the hospital. Helped out John "GotSmart" when his van broke down in Blythe. and many may others, myself included!!!

Quoted from Facebook

"Looking for help for fellow van dweller Mechanic Mike. He had a stroke out on BLM land between Cottonwood and Sedona, AZ and is hospitalized in Cottonwood and doing very well. I am here helping him, but I can't drive both vans, so I need someone to come to the hospital and ride with me to his camp spot and drive his van back to the hospital. Please consider helping. Gas money available. Thank you!"

I am sorry to hear that I will be driving to Prescott in 2 weeks the soonest I can get away, I am sure someone will step-up. Just sending some strength your way. We are all vulnerable.

I am stuck in Missouri!   :(  Wish I could help.  

I am glad to hear that Mike is doing well. I never met him but knew when he helped out Steve that he is one of  the good guys. If I weren't back in Ohio I  would be on my way. Jan 

Latest update: he is doing well and slept through the night. He'll be transferred to the VA hospital, at some point.

Still needs help getting his van to Prescott.

I can't do it but if someone will do it for a bit of cash I will pay $100.00 to help. PM me and I will get back to you quickly.

Help has been found to move Mike's van

I'm so sorry to hear this. Mike finished fixing his van just in time to attend the RTR and was enjoying vandwelling so much. Sending good wishes his way for a complete recovery.

Thanks for the information Cyndi. Please keep us updated and let us know if we can do anything more to help.

Mike's van has been relocated and Mike has been up and walking.

Wishing for speedy and complete recovery for Mike!

Yes, good thoughts and prayers for him.
And those helping him.

Thanks for the info and if possible please send him my best regards.

OG

Which hospital? Any contact information available?

• Update, copied from Facebook from around 10pm (AZ time) last night

tMike  will be transferred to a residential intense physical therapy place tomorrow. Doctors are amazed at his progress in such a short time! He came in Thursday. Doctors are amazed at his progress in such a short time! He came in Thursday and was unable to move anything on his left side. He is now able to walk with support and walker, and sometimes just a little support. He can feel and move his leg and arm, and can touch his finger to his nose and lift his leg up high, and took a nice shower with help today. They are going to work him for 3 hours a day for 7-10 days, and the nurses and physical therapists here rate the facility and staff very, very highly. His spirits are through the roof and he is just barreling through every challenge. We will see what's next after that, but for now, I will be allowed to stay in my van in the parking lot to cheer him on and help where I can. I have company coming from MI for a few days, and we will be running around a bit locally, but there for Mike and can't wait to watch him fully recover. He's amazing everyone up here and it's awesome to have staff stopping by and telling us how much he has inspired them and how easy we have been to deal with. Things are just working out well, and we couldn't have done it without all of you. Mike hit the hay early, and I am right behind, right outside the window of his room in my van with my poochie pie Liberty. She was there when Mike called out and fell, and she hasn't seen him since. Mike is top of her list of favorite people-sad to say I have landed at second I think, lol. But I can't wait for them to have a few minutes together and Mike is so excited about finishing his recovery at the rehab center. Thank you all for the prayers, comments and energy...we roll along on these and the wheels of hope, and I'm glad I'm in the position of being able to be nearby. I'm asking that someone cut this comment and add it to the other two groups, if possible. Really worn out but want to update everyone, and will post as I can. Bless you all, and thank you again!

It is wonderful  that Mike is responding quickly to the rehab therapy. The Buckeyes in Ohio  are rooting for you  Mike :D Jan and Jane :D  

Wonderful news!!! Will keep praying for continued speedy recovery. :) Hope word gets to him how much everyone is rooting for him!!