Mike the Mechanic, who has helped SOOOO many people needs help!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sent a text to Mike. Brenda read it to him Any messages posted here will be read to him as I cross posted the link to Facebook.

Mechanic Mike, Tennessee is wishing you a fast and full recovery.

Hi Mike,

This is Sharon who was across from you at the RTR in the little T@b teardrop trailer. I am wishing you a full recovery and hope you are on the road again soon. Loved your campfires in the evenings and look forward to them once again at the next RTR.
Peace and Blessings,
Sharon

Ella1 said:
snail mail contact info, please.
Ella1

Ella, I am not at all comfortable in giving out someone's contact info, without asking. 

I'll check with Mike/Brenda (who's handling all communications, for now) and see if he wants me to do that. Until then, I would suggest sending a PM.You can send a PM from his profile, here: https://vanlivingforum.com/User-Vonbrown

I understand. Guess I was thinking of a hospital address/room number to send a card.
Just let him know he's in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike is being transferred to a care facility for a short time. I am sure he will be faster than the USPS in being back on the road.

Post your well wishes here.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, Mike but I have certainly enjoyed your posts and hope to meet you sometime in the future.

I am so happy to hear that you are recuperating so quickly and wish you a full recovery!  

Mike, we're so glad to hear that you're doing well. Hope everything continues to improve and you can get back to your cozy little home soon. We're all the way up in Washington state or we would be there to lend a hand. Best wishes for a fast recovery! Karen and Tony

Update from about 4:30pm yesterday (AZ time)

"Mike is all tucked in at the rehab center and doing very well! He sends blessings to each of you."

He must be at one of the big VA's if there is a rehab center. Can you say where?

Bob, I'm not sure he's at a rehab located within a VA. The original plan was to transfer him to the VA when he could be moved. Then it was just rehab, but they didn't say VA specifically. If he was at the VA it would be Flagstaff.

mike glad to hear your doing better. my prayers are with you. thanks for taking the time for keeping us up to date Cyndi. highdesertranger

Just got back off the road and an Internet connection. Best wishes and prayers for your recovery Mike. I know you've helped so many, and inspired many more.

Update, in a message from Brenda, who has been there with Mike at the time of his stroke

"Whew, what a day! But a very good one, indeed. Mike had lots of PT and evaluations today, and just passed everything with flying colors. Every day he gets stronger and his movements are more are more controlled, and we just laugh and sing and goof off so much that they roll other patients to our dinner table to be inspired!

The forum posts were so sweet, and I can't tell you how much it means to both of us to have that much love and support. You guys have made a huge difference in his life.

Yes, I think he would love to have a few cards.

They can be sent here to rehab. He will be here between one and two weeks minimum, but the way he is going, I would not be surprised if he wasn't released early. 
Mike Brown
c/o Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital
3700 N Windsong Dr
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
We may stick around here another month if they feel he needs more recuperation. He thinks he can jump out of the bed and fly to the moon already, so I am supporting him but have to be the brakes to his gas so he will heal completely. This place is in the top 10% of all rehab places in the U.S. for the last 8 years, and they are amazing. I am campaigning for having him stay as long as they will have him. So time will tell. 

The plan is for both of us to head to the Grand Canyon next if and when he is released to drive. If not, I will take him, and alternately we may stick around here another month if they feel he needs more recuperation. He thinks he can jump out of the bed and fly to the moon already, so I am supporting him but have to be the brakes to his gas so he will heal completely. This place is in the top 10% of all rehab places in the U.S. for the last 8 years, and they are amazing. I am campaigning for having him stay as long as they will have him. So time will tell. 

DC contacted me to see about sending money, and then when I got your note, I asked him, and he refused. He has service related military disability plus regular disability and does well monthly, even though he will have some possible copayments for his stay. He won't take a penny from me, either, and makes sure my gas and food expenses are covered while I am caring for him even though I throw a big fit, lol, we are cut from the same cloth. He would rather know that people would help someone else who might really be in a pinch. Between the two of us, we are ok with things in that department and really appreciate the offer. We feel blessed that I can camp in the parking lot and take showers here, and my meals are $3 but most of the time they don't even charge me. I am happy to help and we are truly ok. 

blessings....Brenda"

It's wonderful that he has someone there with him. Being hospitalized AND alone can be more of a challenge than many can cope with.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mike.

And thank you to Brenda for being there to take care of all the little minutiae that arise.

I just read this thread and am happy to hear about Mike's recovery.
It is a great testament to the folks here on the forums to see how much support has been offered and I am sure if any in the group or just near someone that had any kind of trouble that they would get the same support.
I'm so glad I became a part of "the Gang" here.

The news is very encouraging, but Mike, slow your roll and get completely healed. You got nothing but time and all of our love and support, my friend.

Brenda...you're an angel. Our love goes out to you.