Tribe on 185, Flagstaff news and problems

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonflyinthesky

Reaction score
This belongs in matters of the heart but I couldn't get it there. 

There are only a few of us left her, Wayne, Lori and I. Steve who was a crvl member said its okay for me to give news of his health. For those who don't know him, his dog is Zeke, he drives a big four by four van.

Steve is very I'll and will be flown out to a heart transplant hospital tomorrow. We have been taking care of things here and visiting him at Flagstaff icu.

Yesterday Lori took his sister and Zeke to Phoenix to go back to Zeke's new home in Seattle ( I thinkl).

Wayne has been packing up Steve's camp. Steves fridge went out so Wayne and i drew straws to see who had to clean it. Just joking, we shared the chore. Now there is thE issue of getting his van down to Ehrenburg.

We are lucky Tomcor is coming in tomorrow to help us. We need to be leaving this area soon, its getting cold.

I don't have much more to say but Zeke is happy at his new home with his sisters family. If Steve gets a new heart he will be staying at his sister's house. He is in good spirits and wants to get back out with the rest of us when he can.

Diane

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out. What name is Steve known by on these boards?

Good karma will smile upon you all for that !

Oh, My. What hospital, what city, is he going to? How is he now, Sun eve? I hope his situation is at least stabilized and he is comfortable.
You are all very kind and thoughtful. You are changing his world for the better.
Please post an address for him when you get one.
Ella

Thank you for giving that update Diane, as sad and upsetting as it is. Steve is in my prayers and I'm sending all of the positive vibes I can muster. Please keep us updated, if possible. I'm glad Zeke is with family and trust that Steve will join him as soon as at all possible. Thank you and other tribe members there for taking care of him and his stuff.

Please, compliments are nice but a little embarrassing. We are doing what you would do. We all just pull together. Another driver may help us out.
Steve will be leaving Flagstaff and going to a VA transplant hospital in Utah to evaluate him. He is very comfortable and the swelling in his legs is down , he is on pain meds. Before leaving him today Wayne told him not to go into the light. Steve had a good laugh. I'm taking new underware and socks and clothes to him first thing tomorrow.

yes good karma for all you. I wish steve the best. is zeke taken care of? highdesertranger

Steve's sisters family just lost their dog and they were grieving. Zeke arrived in Washington yesterday and is filling empty hearts with love. Steve was happy to tell us what his sis said. I heard the brother in law slept downstairs with Zeke.

When Lori took Zeke to the airport, he enjoyed kids petting him. An airline pilot even gave him pets. Steve enjoyed the airport stories. When it came time to put Zeke in the crate, it took two TSA agents to hold the crate and Lori and Shelly to push him in.

So sorry to hear about Steve, hope he gets a good placement on the list! That is great that Zeke is in a loving family too!

Please give Steve our best wishes for a good outcome. I'm so glad that you all are there to help him with all of this and that Zeke is settled into his new home.

My best wishes to Steve. I camped with him and Bob and suanne in Prescott in April 2015. Great guy. Great dog. My thoughts will be with him.