Making progress

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammalu

Reaction score
Due to mobility issues I ended up buying a small Class C which would be better for me in the long run. I'm certainly slow but I've been making some progress finally.

It needed an update and I wanted it to be better for my needs. I removed the dinette, painted everything which took way longer than I expected as it's full of cabinets. The doors of the cabinets didn't all want to come off easily and since I had to work within the rv because I can't climb in and out a jillion times I was very limited on space for drying
so it was a piece or two at a time.

I splurged and bought an RV sofa which can make into a bed. I don't need to open the slide out at all to move around in the RV at all.

Here is a before looking back to "bedroom":
3e619b64a4151e9d8e13c9318afedb43.jpg

Here is the after:
12446b9cbb1b9f70eef9ed8e1c2eabfe.jpg

Looking towards the front before:
accebdddaf0fa661dcb3c5d9a74739f9.jpg

After with slide closed
278ac80e07e3fd8d8de3f02cc7f3780b.jpg

I still have much to do but it's coming around. Whew, to finally see progress I'm feeling pretty good. Wish I was home working on it but was delayed by flu and bronchitis which gave me a big whack. Hope to get out of the hospital today!!!

That looks great! Better than great! I just now realized I have bringer shame to my family name. I have been working on my beast now for 2 weeks. Well,work then reward myself with beer...then more work, another reward, rinse repeat. We far, I got my bluetooth stereo in and removed some seats...2 WEEKS! In my defense the quality of the work is worth the time to do it right(excuses!)

Anyways, great job!

Waiting on a controller card for the slideout. Waiting on a convection/microwave oven. There was an inoperative microwave and no oven. I changed out the cabinet knobs but didn't do the hinges. I bought some paint and am going to try to spray a few before I buy new. Little things start adding up and I really like the hammered look of the silver knobs so I bought paint to match. I guess I should have thought of that while I had them apart - oh well...

I have a lot of camping stuff I didn't get rid of from my campers I sold so I'll go thru all that and decide what to keep and transfer it over. On the outside I need recaulking. I can see where silicone was used which will be a bear to remove. Maybe I should buy a heat gun. I had the roof cleaned and recaulked and I know I can't stand out there and do the outside so I'll have to hire someone. I have a woman I hire for jobs I can't do and I'll probably get her to come for that. I hate not being able to do everything as by nature I'm a busy bee.

Inside I'm going to take out the swivel chair that's just to the right of the entrance door and I want a craft cabinet built there with a table that folds out so I can sew. We do have the Amish in the area and I've heard of a cabinet maker so will probably try to hunt him out. It's not going to be a straight forward cabinet as the back will be on a curve.

I guess that's about it for now. I would like to have my seats swivel to the rear but haven't crossed that bridge yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that really brightened it up. Great job!

At times I wish I had bought a motor home because I dread getting the trailer ready to move and set up again. Then I realize it would feel like that every time I went anywhere I do now in just the truck. No easy answers I guess.

:) Everthing you've done looks great!  The paint has really brightened up the interior.  The floral print curtain fabric is right up my alley.  What is the flooring you've used?  I'm glad you are feeling better and out of the hospital.  There is a really bad strain of flu down here around Ft Rucker AL.  I've dodged it so far.

Jewellann

Hey, that looks good. Not everyone can paint cabinets and have them come out right. I know, I work around people who can't.

Cammalu said:
I splurged and bought an RV sofa which can make into a bed.  I don't need to open the slide out at all to move around in the RV at all.

<----snip---->

I still have much to do but it's coming around.  Whew, to finally see progress I'm feeling pretty good. Wish I was home working on it but was delayed by flu and bronchitis which gave me a big whack.  Hope to get out of the hospital today!!!

I like the location of the back bed room and wonder why you need a couch bed? Company?
Your RV is certainly looking good. :)
Also hope you're feeling better soon. I've been battling that flu that seems to be going around, and it's no joke! Something like three weeks now, and it seems to be able to just come right back when you think you're done with it.

Ballenxj. I wanted the extra bed for guests. I have a little niece who will accompany me from time to time and also various sisters and relatives. Makes it a little nicer for them to have their own bed and I never liked dinettes anyway.

Txjaybird said:
:) Everthing you've done looks great!  The paint has really brightened up the interior.  The floral print curtain fabric is right up my alley.  What is the flooring you've used?  I'm glad you are feeling better and out of the hospital.  There is a really bad strain of flu down here around Ft Rucker AL.  I've dodged it so far.

Jewellann

The flooring was already there from the last owner. It's called allure and it's vinyl planks. The curtains I made but just don't have them spread out properly yet. I'll also have to put a bit of Velcro on the sides. I'm looking thru my quilt fabric stash now trying to figure out a thin quilt. Thanks for the complements.

Cammalu said:
I wanted the extra bed for guests.  
I thought it might be something like that, thanks for the explanation. :)

Looks great...amazing how much the white brightened up and change the feel of the entire place!

Thank you all for the complement. It's a work in progress and I'm waiting on parts.