Mailbox address for federal income tax filings?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganchan

Reaction score
I've lived in Texas all my life, with plenty of documentation to back it up. So when I finally become a full-time vandweller roaming the country (doing my regular, web-based 1099 work as I go), will the IRS be satisfied with a Texas-based mailbox-service address on my federal return? (TX has no state income tax to worry about)

Seems to me that as long as they're getting my money, the IRS would be happy enough :p .... I just don't want to get accused of submitting fraudulent information.

Since the 80s through now, I've never had a problem using either a PO box or a maildrop for my income tax returns. They can find me with a click of a mouse if they want me.
Ted

The IRS is important but just one org.

Many other gov and financial industry orgs ask for a Residential (legal domicile) address separate from your mailing address, and will match against, refuse to accept, known letterbox services' address.

This issue may not cause you any problem,

Until it does.

There are many threads here discussing the various options if you search for them.