Magic mesh for a TC

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souperjumble

Reaction score
Which kind ( brand name) will fit the doors of a ford transit connect? I want to be able to leave the doors open without dealing with the flying critters. Or would it be better to.make them? Thanks

That stuff's not massively expensive, but pricey enough I think I'd just make something myself. It also doesn't come in dimensions that would fit the van, requiring you to trim and shape it to fit. Might as well just make your own imo.
The magnets are a good idea, so I'd probably keep that system for mounting.

There is a video from a guy showing how he made his screens to fit his van doors, he also has one on a roof top mounted shade system for his van....I'll try to find it if not I bet some one here will know about it.  There is a lot on DIY/rv's on you tube.       TJB

I Never Cease To Amaze Myself   :angel:

Backroads Vanner on You Tube......clicked on Videos and found Custom Bug Screens....gotta go check out "Baddest Van" show winner a 1969 something or other...Hope this is helpful    Texas Jbird

with some creativity and measuring ... grabbing some no-see-um fabric, grosgrain tape for making a hem, and a couple handfuls of small Neodymium Magnets super glued the the grosgrain...
we've made "doors" and screens for rear, side doors and also the cab windows. No sewing involved, used either hem tape (apply with a iron) or hem-glue (like super glue but optimized for fabric).

: ) Thom

accrete said:
) or hem-glue (like super glue but optimized for fabric).

: ) Thom

The hem glue, the good stuff, is called FabriTac.