Mad Max apocalyptic future

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minivanmotoman

Reaction score
As a nuclear cloud and constant dust storm obliterates any hope for solar energy, this is the nomadic future...
Vegetable oil.
:idea: IMG_20170521_155256-640x480.jpg

The future is here today. Lol.
Powered by restaurant cooking oil in Prescott.

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_155256-640x480.jpg
    IMG_20170521_155256-640x480.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 143
And suddenly, everyone in Prescott became overwhelmed with an urge for french fries.

if there is not enough sunlight for solar panels, how is there going to be enough to grow vegetables? highdesertranger

^^^ Mushrooms my friend.
Science fiction fantasy, not reality but thanks for the critique. Lighten up and get a sense of humor.
:s No need to take anything so seriously.
Appreciate the stalking and trolling though.
If it makes your day just looking for something negative...
I guess that makes me special.

Minivanmotoman said:

Stalking? On a public forum? :p Hey the mods get around...thats what they get paid for!  (sarcasm!) 

I didnt see it as negative...more like 'huh'?

I saw a van-dweller video once with this guy in the desert, proclaiming that van-dwelllers and nomads were better prepared for a SHTF scenario.

Yeah..maybe for a few weeks...or a month maybe...but I dont see too many van dwellers cultivating a self-sustaining garden in the desert, carrying 5000 gallons of fresh water, tending sheep or goats, keeping horses in a stable, or skilled at shooting game with arrows...and that includes me!

And my one case of MRE's will only go so far!

:cool:

my humor was in pointing out the obvious. sorry you didn't get it. next time I will include a, LOL. highdesertranger

I am self-sustaining until I get back to my friend's ranch...then I have to work my ass off to help out around there and survive. I prep but I also have connections.

It's funny that this came up...came up on another forum today too...oh wait, that was another van-dweller forum too.

In discussing with the owner, he runs it as a biodiesel. The equipment on the back of his rig is to process and filter his free waste oil which he mixes with diesel. Has a petrochemical background.

The two vehicles I've known that ran on used vegetable oil had/needed switches so the first and last 5 - 10 minutes were on regular diesel fuel as the vegetable oil was too thick when not hot enough for the engine to process. Always seemed like too much work/stuff to remember for me to seriously consider ...

Minivanmotoman said:
^^^ Mushrooms my friend.
Science fiction fantasy, not reality but thanks for the critique. Lighten up and get a sense of humor.
:s No need to take anything so seriously.

just in case it wasn't glaringly obvious, Highdesertranger is a moderator.  Therefore while doing his job, he scans posts.  And since he's laughed at some of the stupid s*t I've said, I'm pretty sure he has a sense of humor.  Or maybe he's just being polite to ME!  

I thank you SO MUCH for sharing the picture of whatever that is.  My life has  been enriched.  

Remember, lighten up!   :D

My apologies for the excessive remarks that were made due to lack of tolerance on my part to previously negative critiques. 
It won't happen again.
Positives build positives. 
Negatives bring out negatives. 
My bad.

:huh:  I AIN'T EVEN GOIN' THERE!!

BESIDES I LIKE MAD MAX.........ALL OF 'EM

TJB :D

Minivanmotoman said:
My apologies for the excessive remarks that were made due to lack of tolerance on my part to previously negative critiques. 
It won't happen again.
Positives build positives. 
Negatives bring out negatives. 
My bad.

Since I'm pretty sure you're human ... it will happen again.  But forgiveness is an important part of being in an online community.  And we all occasionally take things the wrong way; simply misunderstand what was said.  

Also, it really helps when someone is willing to admit they took something the wrong way, right?  

May you have a blessed day!

Tickets for the Wasteland Weekend aka Mad Max Gathering have gone on sale for 2018. Looks sort of like Burning Man with an actual theme instead of a free for all freak show.

http://www.wastelandweekend.com/

You know, in case you wanted to know what the end of civilization looks like up close and personal.

Depending on the scenario, I could see parking this thing outside various abandoned fast food eateries and salvaging the oil there, in its various stages.
The grease traps, storage for old grease, and if lucky, fresh jugs waiting for use. At least in the short term, most folks will be swarming around the gas stations and big box stores for the more obvious stuff.
Even these fast food places will be stripped of comestibles, but "incidental" supplies like frying oil will probably be ignored in most places.

I'm all about using waste oils as fuel, as some of you know, and even I don't like messing w/ vegi. Way too easy for it to gum everything up.

Wasteland Weekend? One of the events I've worked at for the last several years.
Not very real life P.A. (post apoc), but it sure looks good!

www.DirtTrackTravelers.com

I have been in auto repair shops who used waste oil heaters in the winter to heat their shops.  Instead of paying someone to haul off their used motor oil they had heaters to burn it for heat.