Luggable Loo with Gamma Lid?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Loo won't snap on the bucket because the Gamma seal is already firmly attached there......the Loo will "sit" on top.....

Maybe you can just sit directly on the Gamma Seal/plastic bag......I do.......YMMV

Luggable loo is sort of thin plastic if you use wag bags only when absolutely necessary and set the bucket outside with a rock on top so the wind doesn’t blow it away you don’t need a gama lid. When you get ready to go in your vehicle somewhere seal the wag bag and set it inside a plastic trash bag for some extra security and set it inside the bucket for disposal as soon as possible. Be sure to use public facilities as often as possible as wag bags are sort of expensive. You will get a routine down eventually to where it is easy to manage, it just takes some time. Remember you are living out of your vehicle it is mainly somewhere to go to sleep in. When in someplace like Havasu there are libraries, public stores, restaurants, parks and trails that have facilities use them. Park in day use areas near facilities during the day and go to BLM to sleep, after all home is where you park it!

I was thinking of using the bucket for both restroom and shower, that’s why I was wondering about a gamma lid. I was wondering if the could leave the Loo loose and use it when I need it, but it sounds like I may not need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A piece of foam pipe insulation or two duct taped on may make it more comfortable when in use as a seat, lots cheaper than a luggable loo.

I hate to disagree with anyone especially bullfrog. But if you’re just putting a rock on top of that bucket you’re going to have a critter problems. In the Pennsylvania woods porcupines, racoons, and bears all love to come after our number 2. Bears have even dug up my cat holes. Gross; but a fact that can cause a huge mess or at maybe the loss of your Lou. My old van was a GMC Safari and I could set a bucket on the top of it that Where some of the critters couldn’t get to. Now I’m in a full-size Dodge with a high top and there is no way I can reach that far. A sealed container with the gamma lid or another good seal works if you’re not storing it long. And especially, as others have said, if you’re separating number one from number two the stink is much much less.

^^^You are absolutely right where there are animals like that around but the Wash in Havasu is busy as a county fair this time of the year and wind is your biggest nightmare.

The Canyon sort of aligns with the wind direction occasionally and creates a vortex causing the wind to speed up. If it makes you feel any better it is snowing like mad in the upper elevations around Flagstaff, with your tires it is a good thing you made it to warmer areas.

Do not forget ammo cans, can use pipe insulation to reduce the marks they leave on your backside, but will not blow away.
-crofter

I hate to get into the whole "how to poop in a bucket" thing again, but ...

Put a gamma lid on a bucket. Unscrew the lid and put the lid aside. Put a trash bag in the bucket. Wrap the trash bag over the top of the bucket so you are sitting on the trash bag, on top of the bucket. Make your deposit. Try to pee in a bottle, not in the bucket, if your anatomy so allows. Add a few handfuls of one of the following: sawdust, cat litter, coco coir, cedar shavings. Close up the trash bag. Either dispose of the trash bag in a trash dumpster immediately, or reuse it a number of times before disposing. Dump your pee bottle somewhere where people will not walk on it. Some prefer to double bag the poop trash bag.

^^^simple, concise, and correct although The environmentalist in me says to add some of the powder used in a wag bag to help with odors and composting. Will be sending all future poop inquiries your way! Lol!!!

mdoverl said:
Whats a wag bag?

WAG bags and DoubleDoody bags are bags made for the purpose of containing and disposing of human waste. they are double bags made of heavy duty material and have a zip-loc type seal. I've purchased Double Doody bags at WalMart. Many sporting goods stores carry them as well, and of course you can buy them on line. A little spendy, but very easy and tidy to use, and they are large enough to be used for more than 'event'.

I ended up buying a 5 gallon bucket, knock off gamma lid called leaktite and knock off loo from Home Depot and Walmart. I have to order a pop up tent and ivation shower from Amazon.

Good news is that the Loo sits on the gamma seal and doesn’t slide around. It’s not a perfect fit, but it gets the job done.

Thanks everyone. Sorry I had the weird question.

I’m learning a new mantra...

“Don’t be afraid to buy now, and return later.”

Latest posts