My Gama Lid is Leaking!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmickGold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Gama Lid is about a year old. I never tested it for leaks, assuming the best. But the bucket fell over while I was traveling down the road and it leaked out on the floor!

The Gama Lid went through last winter's Texas Super Freeze, and I don't know if the extreme cold could have damaged it or not, having never tested it before. But put some water in the bucket now, screw the lid down as tight as is comfortable to do without stress (with the lid's edge appearing to be all the way down tight against the outer rim), tip the bucket on it's side, and the water runs out from the edge of the lid portion about as fast as someone peeing.

Is this normal? Or what does it mean is wrong? I thought Gama Seal Lids were supposed to "seal", air-tight.

Is the O-ring still on the lid..................Right below the lip there is "supposed" to be a rubber O ring

Is the O-ring still on the lid..................Right below the lip there is "supposed" to be a rubber O ring
The O'ring looks good to me. Minutes ago, I pulled on it and it was still rubbery and stretching out like a rubber band (a little) and snapped right back. It certainly is a thin and narrow ring, hardly more than an eighth-inch across its surface. I guess that must be how it's made.

Do you have any plastic wrap? For now you might want to stretch some over the top before you put the lid on. I don’t have any experience with a gama lid but I’ve used that for other bottles and such that leak like shampoo and alcohol and whatever else.