LTVA for tent camping in Colorado

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarledwolf

Reaction score
Hello,
     We are thinking of doing out tent camping in colorado for the summer.  We want to do the usual: set up a camp and drive to a job for a few months, like 4 or 5 months. We will do the two week thing if we have to, but I am wondering if there are any Long term visitor setups around Colorado like there are in Arizona, where it's about $180 to stay several months. Anyone know of any?
Matt

as far as I know there are no LTVA's in CO. you might try private property. highdesertranger

If I'm not mistaken there were a few ranches on coolworks in the past that provided housing for employees, if you are gonna work anyway maybe they would make it work for you.

highdesertranger said:
as far as I know there are no LTVA's in CO.  you might try private property.  highdesertranger

I lived here for 20 years before hitting the road.  I had never heard of an LTVA before that.  I tend to agree with HDR.
There IS some  BLM land in the western part of the state, but I don't think there's even any 14 day places.  There ARE lots of National Forests, which most of allow dispersed camping.   But you could possibly run across the 14 day limit.

pnolans said:
I lived here for 20 years before hitting the road.  I had never heard of an LTVA before that.  I tend to agree with HDR.
There IS some  BLM land in the western part of the state, but I don't think there's even any 14 day places.  There ARE lots of National Forests, which most of allow dispersed camping.   But you could possibly run across the 14 day limit.

We were thinking of the town of Delta... it's surrounded by 3 national forests... rotate for a season...