Love the new van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdhillard

Reaction score
I just bought a 1992 Dodge B250 hightop, done up as a camper by Jayco.  318 Magnum, 4 speed auto, and double couches along the sides that fold into very comfortable beds.  Well insulated, and in nice shape inside, with lots of pretty oak cabinets and trim.  I am setting it up as a road trip vehicle for me and my 9 year old boy, and plan on some weekend trips while he is in school, then some nice long ones, to New Mexico, and then to Maine, in the summer.  Solar goes in today, and we have heat and cooking set up, with a new Fantastic fan installed.  I'm thankful for the shared wisdom here, and all the good advice.  

Attachments

• Van right side.jpg
    Van right side.jpg
    25 KB
gdhillard said:
I just bought a 1992 Dodge B250 hightop, done up as a camper by Jayco.  318 Magnum, 4 speed auto, and double couches along the sides that fold into very comfortable beds.  Well insulated, and in nice shape inside, with lots of pretty oak cabinets and trim.  I am setting it up as a road trip vehicle for me and my 9 year old boy, and plan on some weekend trips while he is in school, then some nice long ones, to New Mexico, and then to Maine, in the summer.  Solar goes in today, and we have heat and cooking set up, with a new Fantastic fan installed.  I'm thankful for the shared wisdom here, and all the good advice.  

would you mind if you can to post up interior photos? Would love to see the layout. 

Congrats on the new van. 

MIkeR

Swwwwweeeeeetttt. Sounds like a wonderful plan. Yes, photos please, if you don't mind. :)

Welcome and congratulations! It looks great. Have a wonderful time this spring and summer!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Congrats!!

Can I ask how you are doing solar? I've got the same type of roof, no racks, fiberglass type and the only thing I think would work is the stick on type solar, but they would be too long. Would be grateful for info, thanks!

Latest posts