Long Time Lurker

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratman1957

Reaction score
I've been following these forums for a long time. Learned a lot. Over the last five years I've saved up, bought and converted a 7'x14' cargo trailer, as well as a 2001 Chevrolet Express 3500. My situation keeps changing, so I've been unable to hit the road, but I'm surely ready. I've been putting together videos of the trailer and van and plan on posting them to Youtube and thought they might be of interest to those here. I was wondering if it was ok for a newbie to post links to Youtube. I looked in the rules section and didn't see anything against it, but wanted to check beforehand.

If Bob Wells can post videos on youtube surely you can. In fact there's probably a YouTube video on how to post on YouTube or anywhere else. I tell everyone that anything you want to know is on YouTube

I think the poster wants to post links here to their existing YouTube videos.

Make some posts without links to gain some reputation points. Newbies are limited to prevent drive by spammers.

Members have previously done so without incurring any wrath from the moderators.

AmargoaWayn, yep, I was wanting to drop links to my youtube videos. I've been making youtube videos for awhile, so I've got the process down. I just put together a video on the van. It won't be published until this weekend. I was just wondering if there would be a problem putting a link up here once it was published on youtube. I know some sites frown on off site links. I'll work on gaining some rep points first. I do think many here would enjoy the vids tho.

Here's a picture of my rig:

Thanks!

Attachments

• Van and trailer.jpg
    Van and trailer.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 6
Well, I must be a little slow, I'd like to build my reaction score, but with any thread I try to post to I get "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." How am I supposed to get these privileges if I can't post anywhere but here?

It seems like this forum has kind of died off from what I remember it being in the past. I know forums rely on their members for content, but if your restricting members from adding content you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot. Like I said, I'm a little slow. I must be missing something. Anyone care to give me a clue on what the deal is?

Sorry about the problems posting. Ever since the forum was sold it's been under attack from spammers so posts from new members must be approved. I believe that has been changed to three posts that must be approved so please keep posting.

Thanks to all that have responded to my welcome thread and again, I hope everyone has a great day! May your rig never need repair, the price of gas drop and may you always find a reason to smile :)

@SLB_SA We used to call them underground forts as a kid. We'd dig a hole and cover with a piece of plywood. Lots of fun until it rained, then you would be starting over. Very sandy here in coastal Carolina. Easy to dig, but very wet. Some places you could dig a few feet and hit the water table. Would have also been a treat not to have had all the pine tree roots when digging. She is certainly a expert UG fort builder!

Those bushcraft videos on Youtube are amazing, While I was off on my senior trip with Uncle Sam, they subdivided the land next to my parents place in the Northwest. One day the construction workers came to work & found a pile of 2x4's & plywood missing. After fallowing a trail into the woods, they found a three story townhouse built into the trees. My little brother & some friends had a great time with their first tree house.

Yeah, tree houses and underground forts. What kids used to do before video games.