Bluester, My 2001 Chev Express 3500 Tour

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratman1957

Reaction score
Okay, the tour is mainly presented in a Youtube video linked below, but as many here are working with low bandwidth I've included screen shot from the video as well.

Bluester is a 2001 Chevrolet Express 3500 that is mainly used as a tow vehicle, but has also been outfitted for camping. He's been fitted with a MaxAir roof fan, cot size bed with plastic storage bins underneath. He has a minimalist kitchen with open shelves for dry storage. Large drawer for pots and pans as well as utensils. There is an office area with pull out storage for laptop. A auxiliary 12 volt 100 AH AGM battery with fuse box has been added with plans for solar in the future.

blue 1.JPG

blue 2.JPG
blue 3.JPG
blue 4.JPG
blue 5.JPG
blue 6.JPG
blue7.JPG
blue 8.JPG
blue 9.JPG
blue 10.JPG

More to follow:

More screen shots:
blue 12.JPG
blue 13.JPG
blue 14.JPG

Blusters main job is that of a tow vehicle. If anyone is interested here is a link to the trailer tour. I'll add photos soon as the video was done a couple of years ago and I need to document some changes.

How did you attach the blackout curtains? We have Chevy Express and have installed curtains on a loose rope. Yours looks much better and more secure. Thanks!

How did you attach the blackout curtains? We have Chevy Express and have installed curtains on a loose rope. Yours looks much better and more secure. Thanks!
Yeah, I tried stringing a bungie cord across the top for the curtain originally. It left to much of a gap at the top and flew all over the place when underway. I solved the problem by using an aluminum bar across the top bent to fit the contour of the roof then reinforced it with wood. Got the bar from Lowes Hardware. Then I found snaps on Amazon that attach with screws right to the plastic sides of the van. Here's a sketch of the frame.

Curtain Frame.JPG

Here's a link to the snap kit I used that has every thing you need.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hey stratman, perfectly OK to promote your van and trailer build videos...as long as you provide a brief description of the video, which you have done. Both pieces look really good!

Sorry we had a bit of a jam-up on the approval side of things.

Last edited: