LittleRed 99 Ford Windstar

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRed

Reaction score
Hi all, Time to start a post on the conversion of LittleRed. Sh is a 1999 Ford Windstar Minivan I just bought. I paid $500.00 for her from an old friend. Am putting up pics of the first round plans, 1 is the roof and other the planed inside drawing. much more to come :D .

Of course will be updating.

God Bless.
Jack, Joy and LittleRed :p

I also have a 99 Windstar.  Warning, there is 13 inches between the roof support structures in the back where your sketch shows the 14 inch maxx fan.  The back door opens enough so that if the maxx fan is closed the door hits the back of the vent.  I made a 2x2 lift across the back that tapers to no lift across the front.  The only problem is that the fan control is hard to reach.  The remote control version might fix that.

My first plan was to use a 4 inch computer fan mounted above the roof with a homemade tupperware hood.  That might have been better.  At least it would be possible to take a 4 inch hole up to 13 but the other way won't happen.

I mounted the one 40 x 26 panel to the roof racks that came with the van.  I put 2 holes in each cross piece and tightened the nuts just enough to make it snug without crushing the cross pieces.  Then I locked it up with jam nuts.  Only 100 watts, no refrigerator, just my very efficient home made ice chest.

PM me if you have any questions.

Trebor English said:
I also have a 99 Windstar.  Warning, there is 13 inches between the roof support structures in the back where your sketch shows the 14 inch maxx fan.  The back door opens enough so that if the maxx fan is closed the door hits the back of the vent.  I made a 2x2 lift across the back that tapers to no lift across the front.  The only problem is that the fan control is hard to reach.  The remote control version might fix that.

My first plan was to use a 4 inch computer fan mounted above the roof with a homemade tupperware hood.  That might have been better.  At least it would be possible to take a 4 inch hole up to 13 but the other way won't happen.

I mounted the one 40 x 26 panel to the roof racks that came with the van.  I put 2 holes in each cross piece and tightened the nuts just enough to make it snug without crushing the cross pieces.  Then I locked it up with jam nuts.  Only 100 watts, no refrigerator, just my very efficient home made ice chest.

PM me if you have any questions.

Oh my, lol thanks for letting me know that before I cut into my headliner, This was my other option and seems what may have to do:

https://smile.amazon.com/Ventline-V...TF8&qid=1476914624&sr=1-29&keywords=roof+vent

Only needs a 6in. hole cut, just not as nice, lol

And a roof vent cover:

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-4042...d=1476914751&sr=1-11&keywords=roof+vent+cover

But might do something like you did, only time will tell : ) Thanks for the heads up.

Well she goes into the shop in a week or 2 to get the fuel pump and a few other things fixed. Pics coming soon :)