Hi All

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRed

Reaction score
Hi all, My Name is Jack, LittleRed is the name of my new (to me) minivan I just bought. She is a 1999 Ford Windstar Paid $500.00 for her from an old friend, she is still in great shape and all. So now just getting things set up to make her my awesome campervan and home. I'm hoping to be doing this full time around the summer of 2017 and try to be at the RTR that same year. I have been watching videos on van living for over a yr now, and find myself wanting to do this very much. Am planning lots of things to do to LittleRed, Solar power (202 watt, 2 battery system), decent storage, 12v Whynter 45q frig. and a few other things.

A little about myself, I'm a single 48 yr old male, US Amy Vet. (1st Gulf War). Also have a Little Dog (Chorkie) Named Joy How will be my companion. Always loved the outdoors and camping, so this lifestyle sounds very good to me.

I hope to meet some great people on the way of this great adventure in my "new" life. Please feel free to say "HI" and offer any tips, or just friendship. Hope to see some of you on the road soon.

God Bless
Jack, Joy & LittleRed

jack you wont regret rtr. i was newbie last year and had a ball. great people. cool area. i slept in the back of my pickup under a cap on one of my daughters old platform beds. bought a collapsible deer blind and bucket to poo in. everyone thinks im a nut in Detroit but i had great times. make sure u bring 2 coolers. a small one for food and a very large one for beer. everyone will help u there and give tips if u need em.

LittleRed, welcome to the CRVL forums! Thank you for your service and sacrifice!

Tim is right, if you want to live a mobile lifestyle, the RTR is the place to be. And a great place to start!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums :) 

There are more ideas here than there are numbers to count them with.  =)

You'll do just fine with your Windstar and that will get you headed to bigger and better
things.

Take a look at my sites below.  One is for building out a Van and the other is for helping
you when you go on the road.  A Swiss Army Knife of helpful info.

Happy travels !

eDJ_ said:
Take a look at my sites below.  One is for building out a Van and the other is for helping
you when you go on the road.  A Swiss Army Knife of helpful info.

Thank you, these look to come in very handy. :p

timotea said:
jack you wont regret rtr. i was newbie last year and had a ball. great people. cool area. i slept in the back of my pickup under a cap on one of my daughters old platform beds. bought a collapsible deer blind and bucket to poo in. everyone thinks im a nut in Detroit but i had great times. make sure u bring 2 coolers. a small one for food and a very large one for beer. everyone will help u there and give tips if u need em.

lol thanks, looking forward to it :D Will be sure to bring my big cooler :p

cyndi said:
LittleRed, welcome to the CRVL forums!  Thank you for your service and sacrifice!

Tim is right, if you want to live a mobile lifestyle, the RTR is the place to be. And a great place to start!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Plan to start Summer 2017 "practicing" then go to RTR, and if all goes as I believe it will, I'll give up my Apt here in Northern Cali. Spring 2018, and go full time. :D

Welcome aboard Jack !
You and Joy just found a new family of friends to help make your dreams come to life!
We will help you get Little Red set up just right.......

Don't be shy , ask all the questions you want.

Many happy trails .

I can't believe RVPopeye said hello to you and did not ask for pics. LOL

So I will welcome you, too, and suggest you take some "before" pics for us now and you'll have the start of your conversion thread.

Hey, you may find you have to take a week's vacation in January just to hit the upcoming RTR and see what others have done in person. Just think of your new van as a very solid tent for camping. :D

LOL Was thinking about doing before, during, and after pics. I will for sure now :D As far as this Jan. with RTR I will try, but not think likely at this point, I still have to get a new fuel pump put in (not cheap), and get her legal. But have to sell some things I not need, so might be able to make enough extra $ to rush getting LittleRed road ready and afford the gas and food for the trip. I will try, but no promises :p

PS. I thank all of you for being so kind, friendly and making feel welcome to my new "family". I look forward to meeting you all in time I hope.