New to the forum Saying Hi!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Nomad

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Bob, some of you might know me. 2 years ago I had a nato green dodge van and a nato green square and was traveling with my wife Peg and dog Larry. I'm out now by myself. Hoping to make some solid connections while enjoying this great lifestyle again.

Happy Trails

Welcome Bob......Where are ya'......we're fulltimers headed North to Oregon........currently near Lake Tahoe

Welcome Bob......Where are ya'......we're fulltimers headed North to Oregon........currently near Lake Tahoe
Hi, I am currently in Show Low,AZ. I'm heading up to Telluride, Co for cooler temp

Welcome back! What kind of rig are you in now?

Cheers!

This time out I have a '97 Suburban with 142k on the odometer and s homemade canned ham teardrop in the beloit style.

This time out I have a '97 Suburban with 142k on the odometer and s homemade canned ham teardrop in the beloit style.
My old 2006 Jeep GC has 147k on the clock and she just keeps ticking...

Cheers!

99 Suburban, 302,000 miles and running strong. On 2nd transmission,(reman), towing utility trailer. Part-timer. Have fun...

I'm in the process of buying a 2006 Yukon XL. 166k miles. Great looking rig, no dents, dings or scratches. Only 3K but needs a transmission, (4wd). Going to do the job myself, saving some $. My question is color. I've had black vehicles before & know they're hard to keep clean, not an issue. But concerning heat in the desert, would black exterior vs. white be a major concern for interior temp? I'm thinking a roof mounted exhaust fan would be must.

g