liquid waste question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rderito said:
LOL. OK I think you guys gave me my answer, although in a minivan when near people I'm going to treat it like living in a camper and pick up one of those military 5 gal water cans to save space, put some of that blue stuff (or something ) in it and use that.
when I throw away the solid waste ill dump the can in a toilet.
when alone ill go outside in different spots away from camp
Certainly you can't mean you are thinking of throwing away a 5 gal plastic container full of pee? I must be hallucinating again. The desert does that to me...

The Dire Wolfess

Moxadox said:
Here are a few more "invisible fence" options:
https://www.thepeemart.com/
Has anyone actually tried those things? I remember discussions of the sort of anti-rodent sprays they sell at Home Depot/etc, which were peppermint or I forget what, and were generally considered to be ineffective. Malinois is certainly a predator, does its marking work?

I'll continue off topic.

I use mothballs bought at Walmart. Change them out spring and fall. I place both under the hood where it is not in direct contact with anything hot and on opposite sides of the engine bay. No problems thus far with anything chewing wires. A couple of my full time friends gave me this bit of wisdom. Has worked for them for 4 years.

Edit to add: Should not be a problem emptying a 5 gallon bucket of pee into a toilet. It will auto flush as you pour it in.

QinReno said:
Malinois is certainly a predator, does its marking work?

So far, so good. Eau de Malinois seems to keep away all but the most stupid of humans...

The Dire Wolfess

B and C said:
Edit to add: Should not be a problem emptying a 5 gallon bucket of pee into a toilet. It will auto flush as you pour it in.

Just not the bucket itself. Yanno.

The Dire Wolfess

B and C said:
Edit to add:  Should not be a problem emptying a 5 gallon bucket of pee into a toilet.  It will auto flush as you pour it in.

By the time you get five gallons of it, though, even opening the container up, much giving the contents all the air exposure involved in pouring them out, will make for a possibly wretch-inducing stink holocaust.  A five-gallon container will become awful to either use or empty.

I have smaller containers and empty them as frequently as practicable.

Ya now that I think about it that container is to large, I was just thinking of saving space because its tall and narrow, I wish they made narrow plastic containers with large caps about the 2 gallon size.
I'll have to rethink this.

Plus 5 gallons weighs 40 pounds, so I hope you have a very strong back to lift it up. And just think if you accidentally poured it on your foot. We got a few more scenarios too, LOL.

Walmart has some rectangular plastic jars that are tall and skinny in the kitchen stuff. It would only be about a gallon though.

Thanks Brian
I'll check Walmart tomorrow,
one of these days ill get a full size van.
Best travels
Ray

Yep, pee is one of those insidious substances that seems innocuous (compared to poop), but is full of ammonia-like compounds that have chemical reactions when they sit around together for a while. There is almost nothing that smells worse than aged pee. It's really best to use smaller containers and empty them often. At the very least, morning and night. You just don't want to have some kind of pee bottle disaster...gets all over the place and hard to get the stench out.

The Dire Wolfess

"I wish they made narrow plastic containers with large caps"

they do make them kitty litter comes in them. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
"I wish they made narrow plastic containers with large caps"

they do make them kitty litter comes in them. highdesertranger

So much easier to use in the dark too.