Let the van build begin!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyflorida

Reaction score
I sold my pickup and camper last month and been struggling to find a decent van but bought one 2005 Chevy extended with a 4.8  with 79000 miles it kinda of a weird van because its a cargo van with windows never had seats in it  so now start to build putting house on market next week hope to head out west early January

Thread title almost had me doing a song from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Let's Do the Van Build Again ........

Jimmyflorida said:
here is pic!
I like the windows.  I would get them tinted.  Hopefully I can start my own journey in 4 years when I retire from Uncle Sam.

making some progress on van walls are insulated , carpeted ,bed and maxxair fan is now installed

Attachments

• 20191018_151136[1].jpg
    20191018_151136[1].jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 91
ummmmm...LOL...did you do the floor and bed and walls all in one day???!! Insulation anywhere?

Looks great...looks to be good weather to work in as well.

Oh how I would love to have a nice clean slate! I cant wait to see more pics.

more pics

Attachments

• IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3262.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
more more pics

Attachments

• IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3269.JPG
    IMG_3269.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3270.JPG
    IMG_3270.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 54
Now that is my idea of a good layout :). I could not image even wanting to have a build without good desk/workbench space and a comfortable chair for sitting down at that area. You have also made it very attractive looking. One of the better interiors I have seen on this forum.

Very nice work! Makes me want to tear mine out and restart, lol.  I'd die for that floor space man!

Jimmyflorida said:
I sold my pickup and camper last month and been struggling to find a decent van but bought one 2005 Chevy extended with a 4.8  with 79000 miles it kinda of a weird van because its a cargo van with windows never had seats in it  so now start to build putting house on market next week hope to head out west early January
Why did you sell pickup camper