Kites[split] Right kitchen, Left kitchen

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qxxx

Reaction score
... ...  .. ...  .-  - .-. . .- ... ..- .-. .
.-  -. -..  - .... . -.  ... --- -- .

Never been in Taiwan.

But there is a holiday in Greece, that tradition calls for flying kites.
It is the Clean Monday (first day of the Lent) and as long as I remember, you HAVE to have your kite ready for Monday.  Supposed to have some spiritual meaning, but that was totally  lost on us kids. The greatest tragedy would be to have a rainy day  :(
ΑΕΤΟΙ.jpg

Attachments

• ΑΕΤΟΙ.jpg
    ΑΕΤΟΙ.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, the Philopappos Hill. Across from Acropolis.
Very popular place for flying kites on Clean Monday, because there are no electric wires on the hill.
I lived about 3 miles from there.

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_204402.jpg
    IMG_20191012_204402.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Oh wow, those look good. When I stayed in Matala on Crete (not to be confused with Matala trucker), I ate at the same restaurant every night, and the grandmotherly cook always had a dozen wonderful dishes cooking on the stove in the kitchen. I'd go in there and take my pick.

Now we know what the little girl has in her other hand, A bottle of olive oil.

Hmmm, I didn't realize post #1 had anything to do with kites. But now they'll have to split off olive oil, lol.

..........so what's stuffed in the 'maters ?

(To keep on topic).........I keep a Pirate Kite in the van.......

I have a very small kite in a plastic tube stuck in a corner of a shelf. I don't even remember what it looks like. It is so small that thread is used for the string.

abnorm said:
..........so what's stuffed in the 'maters ?
Rice, ground beef, onions, the chopped insides of the hollowed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.

All that is half cooked in a pot, and then stuffed in the tomatoes and finished in the oven.

For all you high flyers, don't be a Charlie Brown.