Just joined the community. Looking for Info.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlrueter

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm from Minnesota and have been talking about going south for the winter for about 9 years now. Well, I think this is the year!
We just bought a 2000 Chevy express 3500 Bluebird Micro bird. It's a 4 window short bus that is going to be our camper and work traveling vehicle. Im a carpenter and will be bringing tools. I hope to be doing a little work along the way.
The rubber tramp rendezvous sounds like a great place to meet people and look for opportunities. I don't see any info on when and where it will be in 2018.
Can someone fill me in on the details?
I'm working on the bus already and I've only had it for a day. It should be pretty nice by the time we head south.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome aboard!
Thhe RTRs are normally in Jan, Im not sure on exact dates, but Bob will announce them.

got any pictures? Is it like the bus from Dumb and Dumberer?

Carpenter? 5-window bus? Match made in heaven!

Enjoy!

Would love to see/watch your build down in the "conversions" forum area if you feel the urge to start a thread.

I'm hoping to be at my first RTR in January 2018 - and hoping there will actually be one. Seems a little up in the air right now. I'm interested in a van conversion and would be thrilled to find a carpenter like you. I'll keep track of your posts to keep in touch.

It will be 11-21 January 2018 in Quartzsite, Arizona.

Bob announced it in this video he posted on 26 April (at 3:30):

[ATTACH=full said:
15089[/ATTACH]OutdoorFT pid='321762' dateline='1502641254']Welcome aboard!
Thhe RTRs are normally in Jan, Im not sure on exact dates, but Bob will announce them.

got any pictures? Is it like the bus from Dumb and Dumberer?

Here it is as we found it.

I'm wondering if there has been a discussion of mounting solar panels to the roof or keeping them portable.

Attachments

• bus.JPG
    bus.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Welcome rlrueter to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard !
I don't know why they call them Bluebirds when they look like a giant canary? :D

Have fun with the build and ask questions as you go , well if you need to...

Welcome! I second Putts suggestion so we can follow your build! I'm not sure, but I think Jamie put solar on his recent bus conversion... You can find that on YouTube at EnigmaticNomadic

IMG_1299.JPGIMG_1299.JPG
[ATTACH=full said:
17850[/ATTACH] rlrueter pid='353650' dateline='1512237615']  
rlrueterHi.
I'm from Minnesota and have been talking about going south for the winter for about 9 years now. Well, I think this is the year!
We just bought a 2000 Chevy express 3500 Bluebird Micro bird. It's a 4 window short bus that is going to be our camper and work traveling vehicle. Im a carpenter and will be bringing tools. I hope to be doing a little work along the way.
The rubber tramp rendezvous sounds like a great place to meet people and look for opportunities. I don't see any info on when and where it will be in 2018.
Can someone fill me in on the details?
I'm working on the bus already and I've only had it for a day. It should be pretty nice by the time we head south.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Here are a couple progress picts of the bus. 

I've kind of run out of work here for the winter but haven't saved enough to get through the winter. I could get to wherever the work is but would need to make a little to eat and get back.
If anyone knows of someone with a project who needs a good carpenter Please let me know. I could be packed up and on my way in a week.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts