just another newbie dreamer... for now

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just jill

Reaction score
I am Jill, mid late 60's and just always loved trailers, vans, anything you can sleep in on wheels .  I've owned a trailer, nice one but it was stationary and rented out to a friend on my property.  It's time for me to get hoppin and get me at least out on short trips.  I have a 2017 subaru forester, and see they dont tow much :blush:  so im a bit limited as i do want it as my tow vehicle.  I will probably keep my home, and rent to family.   I have a 2 1/2 year old bulldog that is still very active so like having this property for him to run, but am longing for the road.  Anyway, thanks for this place!  I LOVE the youtube videos!!! so encouraging and oh how i wish to be out there forever with you all.  Enjoy, and seems like you all 'know what you got' in this sort of living.  LOVE it!

Hi Jill, welcome to the forums! I'm about your age... also just starting. Well, I've done a lot of sleeping in my car, and will do it again so I can go to the RTR in January. Hopefully. Also, I'm planning to buy a van within the next six months, and give up my apartment entirely.

I also use to have a park model trailer - 40' ... lived in it for a while and really liked that, except for the haunting. I lived in a haunted trailer park, seriously.

Welcome Jill to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Jill, and welcome. I'm just finishing up a 10 day trip to the four corners area! Like you, at 72yo, I love the rubber tramp lifestyle.
76d01098c835ea5d736f42dc0ded0db0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hi Jill
Welcome to the forum, I’m sure you’ll find all the answers to any questions you have here . If not just ask and you’ll get all the help you need . I think you’ll find that there are some pretty good people on here .

Thank you so much :) Somehow lost my way (internet wize) and found my way back. Cant wait to read................ and read ;)

Hi just jill
When you hit the road and travel you will find such new fun adventures!
best of luck!

SteveRN
wonderful pic of your van setup in the campsite!  Love seeing pics!  Thanks for posting!

Welcome, Jill. :) Was curious about what you could tow with your subaru, and while it's technically breaking the rules for me to post a link directing away from the site....(I'm not promoting my own blog or trying to sell something so maybe it doesn't quite count) 5 Lightweight (under 1500 lbs) Trailers You Can Stand Up In was a pretty informative article with some (super) cute trailers within your subaru's towing capacity! 

@travelaround Haunted trailer park?! *Interest piqued!*

@highdesertranger It seems the link to the "Tips, Tricks, and Rules" article you provided is directing me to the CRVL homepage. I'm kinda wondering if it's just me or if perhaps the link you copy/pasted got messed up somehow.

Latest posts