Joe vs. the Volcano style

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWH1978

Reaction score
I have lived and loved the van life on several occasions, but after a while I felt like a change. Previous experience on boats, both sailing and motor yacht, led me to trading up for the maritime lifestyle. It's not for everyone, just like van life, but those that are seeking to challenge and test their capacities seem to enjoy it more so than not. The downside is, even if one enjoys solitude half the time, the selection of companions willing to leave it "all" behind for who knows what or where is not so abundant.

So I thought I might put out a notice for an open interview kinda thing. All I can do is put myself out there, for what it's worth. So, here it goes:

[font=Arial,]After trying my hand at a lot of the modern world's experiences and lifestyles, including a couple farmstead "intentional communities" as well as the over domestication of the urban grind,  my choice clearly became one of either a cabin [/font][font=Arial,]up in the mountains or a sailboat. I figured since I grew up in the mountains of Northern Appalachia, with a proper modern hillbilly lifeztyle including compulsory chores of chopping firewood [/font][font=Arial,]and skinning and gutting deer,[/font][font=Arial,] that the way to the ocean was the way to personal growth. [/font]

[font=Arial,]How much is worth putting down here? Since timing and chemistry play such significant roles, I'll keep it as concise as possible. [/font]

[font=Arial,]What ive noticed about me: I'm 5'8, 150 lbs, athletic by living a challenging lifestyle not vanity. My demeanor is more akin to a Dutch/Scandinavian one, not a stereotypical American one. I'm an ambivert, in that with people I trust I have a hard time shutting up, but with those I don't know or trust I can be nearly mute if so inclined. My communication style is bluntly laconic/sardonic. [/font]

[font=Arial,]What I'm looking for in a partner: Someone a little bit similar and a little bit different than me, and preferably between the age of 26 and 40. Someone that takes themselves just seriously enough, but never too seriously. Able to assert and set their own personal boundaries, so we "teach others how we want to be treated". [/font]

[font=Arial,]What I expect in a relationship: Loyalty, with open and honest communication. With someone similar enough to meet in the middle of our respective worldviews, because every relationship is a form of mutual compromise. And, of course, [/font][font=Arial,]lots of cuddles, hugs, laughs, and pranks. I'm recreational substance use tolerant, but anything that borders on addiction to more than sugar, tobacco, or caffeine is not something I want to have in my day to day life. [/font]

[font=Arial,]Where I'm intending to be if I'll be anywhere: Present and engaged in the simplicity and purity of the moment, open to goodness and beneficial change and jaded against injustice and corruption. Currently in Key West but only go into town for work and supplies, may head South into the caribbean or North up the East Coast within the next 6 to 8 months.[/font]

Attachments

• 20210508_121408.jpg
    20210508_121408.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210508_114022.jpg
    20210508_114022.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
There are ample opportunities to meet folks in this community, including organized singles groups. As they say though it is not recommended for either person to sell their rig!

I would have thought a catamaran would have worked better in the long run! Lol!!! Here at Lake Powell we occasionally have someone make it back to civilization that had a disagreement at night and decided to sleep on a floaty rather than on the boat only to wake up on the lake with no boat! Good luck and stay safe.

Your best bet is up the east coast , but the hurricane season has started so there is that. As far as the Caribbean, if you are new to sailing I would not consider that at all. If some experience, the list of islands is limited, French islands I believe still closed due to virus (same laws in France apply) because of criminal activities the only safe zone for now, imho, from st Lucia to Grenada, period. But then south of the hurricane belt so that is a good thing. Good luck

Welcome to the CRVL forums JHW! Your post would fit better in the "Dating Resumes" section. https://vanlivingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=56
Would you like it moved?

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts