Jamie buildout

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyB1954

Reaction score
Jamie is going to be a new video build series. This time it will be a bit different. Only one vehicle will be purchased and built. This vehicle is going to be given to one particular individual. When I say given, I mean this project is about benefiting one individual. I will explain why you may wish to participate / donate. 

I met her at the last build out and was impressed with her. She showed up to help others even though she could not afford to make repairs or modifications to her own vehicle, (The deal with the build out was the labor is free, but the owner has to supply the materials). One person took note of her selflessness and donated what it took to repair her car. 

She lives in a small 4 door car. She travels quite a bit volunteering her time to help troubled pregnant teens. She does not have constant work, but she has not asked for a hand out or help. This whole idea of the build comes from people that know her. Primarily Jamie. Are there others that could use the help? Yes, probably hundreds of them.  but I don't know of any that give to others when there own life could financially be better off not to. Sometimes I run across someone and think this person could use a good break. I am in on this project. If helping her perks your curiosity, you can watch this Jamie Video 

$8,888????
well,if she is really in need of it
is this her?
[video=youtube]

looks like she also does reality tv

i'll pass,sorry to be a debby downer but with forum members struggling and children starving to death...

I have no idea what anything in this thread is about.

Gary68 said:
i'll pass,sorry to be a debby downer but with forum members struggling and children starving to death...

Like you spend a whole lot of time and money helping them right? I donate every month to the "needy" I already told you that this was not about that.

That's fine. You didn't post the videos of her working for pregnant teens for a reason? The one video that shows her having some fun. 

The money will be used for solar, refrigeration, the cost of the vehicle etc. That was just Jamie's guess for what he has in his Astro van. 

As far as her doing reality TV, how much do you think they pay new people hoping for a break? She got a trip to Fiji out of it I think, but as far as being paid super star wages, I don't think so.

TMG51 said:
I have no idea what anything in this thread is about.

I thought I explained what it was about. You do not wish to watch the video, fine. you do not wish to participate, fine.

This wasn't about begging for help, it was an opportunity to do something for someone that spends a lot of time and money helping others while her own situation is far from comfortable.  When she travels to speak in behalf of organizations that help pregnant teens neither you nor anybody else pays for her gas or time. She spends the money that she earns. She lives in a small car so that she can barely afford to do so.

I saw Jamie's post on face book, looked at Tamra's fb page. It appears she's employed, not disabled and able bodied. I questioned what made Tamra deserving. I specifically said I was not saying she didn't deserve it I just wanted to understand the choice.

My questions went unanswered or were deleted.

Thanks for filling in the blanks.

So people that help others shouldn't dance?
I wish I had rhythm like that.
Donate what you can, when you can, to whomever you feel is worthy. Worth is subjective and your version may be different. Arguing worth is silly and breeds negative feelings.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

+1 ... what Sabatical said

we can be so quick to judge without knowing circumstances or context. And anyone dancing is just good by me.

[video=youtube]
The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes

Danny dont let it discourage you from helping people in the future

It turned out to be a great disappointment. Not because the wrong person was helped, but when money is involved, greed can rear it's ugly head. I was at the build for about three weeks giving free labor. I also furnished a lot of the material. I figure I put about two thousand into the project.

A man named Larry B and I put the floor in, built the bed, the dinette, and finished the kitchen counter. At the end, Jamie was in a big rush to turn the bus over to Tamra and video it. Jamie left and Larry and I was still working on putting doors on the cabinets and installing a holding device for the shower drain.

Turns out that someone just donated $1,000 for materials. Jamie declared that the build was over and he put the money in his pocket. To me the build would be over when the money ran out, not when someone ran out with the money. I then started to add up the money that came in and what Jamie spent. Things did not add up.

Jamie came out with a video to try to explain the situation. He said money came in but the build was over. Not true. He declared the build was over so that he could self justify taking Tamra's money. People were still working on the bus. I protested this on the Youtube comments and Jamie tried to discredit me for all sorts of things. It was my fault he videotaped while I was using a circular saw to build the bed. It was my fault he video taped while my dog was barking for Tamra's attention. In his mind he had no control over the camera.

He complained about me going to breakfast. I packed my van full of tools, not living supplies. After breakfast Larry and I went to Lowes and Home Depot for that days supplies which I paid for. Jamie picked a building site 15 miles from the nearest hardware store, so I had to drive 30 miles through town to get there and back. He said at the last build out in Havasu I only helped young ladies and that I left early. Truth is I built a bed for an 80 year old man and it was Jamie who asked me to help those particular young ladies. After three weeks working for free I started to help Jamie with his last build. It looked like rain was coming in and my windshield wipers had broken. I headed for home about three hours away.

During the three weeks of this bus build, Jamie put in one vent fan, (that I paid for), and two solar panels and a controller, (that were donated). The rest of the time he would help others for about ten minutes with their project so that he could video himself. I am happy that Tamra did get some benefit out of it, but it does sorrow me that Jamie used her as a poster child for video views then cheated her out of what was given to her.

Nobody can sue me for slander, because all I said is true. I really like the idea of helping others, but I no longer can support a build out knowing that Jamie will profit from Youtube monitization.

I watched the video where he blasted you. It was uncomfortable to watch. I don't know (or care really) why this woman was selected to receive a free skoolie, but I do agree with you that if a donor gave her $1000.00 then it should go to her build.

Maybe in other videos the woman showed gratitude, but in the couple I watched she didn't.

But you helped others and that's a good thing.

Danny, thanks for taking the time to tell your story.

Now, I know there was some 'differences' between Bob here and Jaime. So we have that.

I donated to the GoFundMe. (full disclosure)

I have also had a few emails with Jaime, regarding a totally different subject, before all of this came up. I assume he might also read this board.

So I'm not making any assumptions at this point. Impartial you might say.

But he did say in one of the videos that he spent some money in gas and supplies to go look at several vans and buses. Which I believe is true, he did have to buy gas to go get the thing and put gas in it to get it back to the two different build sites.

And, if not for Jaime, she would probably not have had the bus at all.

Then I saw the announcement that Teisha left.

Oooops.

So...at this point I dont know what the actual situation was.  It sounds like it turned into a bunch of drama out there in Utah.

Dang.

I know zero about any of this and have no vested interest in any outcome from it. To the best of my knowledge, all the people involved in this dispute are good, decent people who, for whatever reason, are at odds. I have no opinions about it and don't plan to form one.

However, I do know that I don't want to use the forum to disparage anyone, whether they deserve it or not. Especially if they aren't here to defend themselves.

So, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.