Itsa What?????

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Txjaybird said:
Can anyone recommend a good solar co. here in lower Alabama?  I have a list of what I need to do a portable solar set up.  I don't know where/what to do it on The Alinner TT or the Safari.  The Safari has a place for another big battery under the hood,  I wonder about a deep cycle battery there & wired into the alternator to charge it for a house battery for the rear of the Safari.  The Aliner is rigged for DC and AC and has a vented battery box under one if the seats.  It also has either a inverter or a controller, I'm not sure which.

Here's my take on it.  The web is full of horror stories about solar installs on RVs that didn't go right and didn't work properly.  Mostly it's people who go to an RV service center and the same technicians who fix the plumbing and everything else on the RV take a crack at installing a "kit" without really understanding it.  When you do find a "solar installer", it turns out that their experience is with grid-tied residential systems, and working on an RV is a mystery to them.

You need to find someone used to doing solar on RVs or boats (yeah, solar is big on cruising boats these days)

One guy who seems to really know what he's talking about is Jack Dan Mayer:

http://www.jackdanmayer.com/rv_electrical_and_solar.htm#Installers

He recommends a few specialty places in AZ and one in OR - and one in FL, Palmer Energy Systems:

http://www.palmerenergysystems.com/

Jewellann if you were in my part of Texas I could introduce you to a great dentist, and that's coming from a confirmed anti dentite
Unfortunately this is a rare breed

ArtW said:
Jewellann if you were in my part of Texas I could introduce you to a great dentist, and that's coming from a confirmed anti dentite
Unfortunately this is a rare breed

I'd like to be in Temple TX in mid January for my Aunt Mary's 94th B-day.  Is your dentist anywhere near there?  If I can get the infection out I'll wait 'til I can hit Mexico for dental work or find a sliding scale dental clinic near here [I hope.]

Jewellann

My dentist is in Columbus Texas, about halfway between Austin and Houston, where 71 intersects 10, probably a bit far from Temple?

Temple Is not that far from here but I know of no dentists that I trust. I can give you one name I don't trust.

knowing which dentist to avoid could be just as important as which ones are good

Thanks Guys,  I go AL to TX on I 20 if I need to take care of anything in the Dallas/Ft Worth area when I get there.   For Temple TX I run I 10 past Houston then meander N and W on the back roads to Temple.  I've a nephew in Waco.  I may or may not see him depends on his schedule and his WFHell :D  U can ask me.

I'll check for the exact location of the good dentist and the bad.   Well it's Ranch Style beans/onions/sausage
and Hang Em High time here in Lower Alabama.

Jewellann

Ranch Style beans/onions/sausage???

Got the recipe anywhere? Feel like sharing???? PLEASE!!!! Sounds YUMO!!!

My guess as to recipe:
Can o Ranch Style Beans
Quarter to Half a link o Sausage, cut up
some chopped onion
Put RSB in pot, add sausage, onion, and heat
Eat

OK... Gonna put this into our grocery rotation!!!
I will advise you all of the results, based on our opinions of course!!!
Thanks for the recipe!

ArtW said:
My guess as to recipe:
Can o Ranch Style Beans
Quarter to Half a link o Sausage, cut up
some chopped onion
Put RSB in pot, add sausage, onion, and heat
Eat

:) Good guess!  If time allows I saute the onion and sausage together then add can-o-beans 1/2 can water and a splash of ketchup, stir and simmer.  Cornbread is good with this also white bread for dunkin' in the juice.

Or a homemade hamburger patty cooked and then smothered with the beans/juice with sliced sweet onion on the side and cornbread...... :D :D :D

Jewellann

Ah, so my guess is the lazy way of doing it :D figures, I don't recall the last time I bothered to saute something
also, I am now HONGRY!