It is advisable to look from the tide pool to the stars, then back to the tide pool

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazer

Reaction score
New here. In the market for a van, hoping to get one with a high top which has decent gas mileage. All informative responses are appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the CRVL forums Mazer! It takes a lot of searching and a little luck. Hope you find the right one!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Mazer, welcome to the forum . . . what vans are you considering?

Here's a blog post of someone comparing vans like the Transit and Promaster, as well as RV's and trailers. He chose the Promaster. I've chosen the Transit, but haven't purchased one yet.

Hi Mazer. I love catching the low tides near Cape Perpetual (OR) and near the Point Montara hostel (north CA). On occasion, I have found myself there in the early morning. I'll have to try to make it when the stars are still out. Good luck finding a van.

Thanks everyone. I am hoping a newer Promaster is in the future for me however, I am open to anything which is dependable and has low miles if used. My opening title is a partial quote from Steinbeck. I love tide pooling and nature and can not wait to hit the road......time and fortunes will dictate

Steinbeck. Yeah, the tide pools at Lighthouse Point pretty great. Try cargurus.com to search for vans in your area. Check the "Vans" section of this forum for discussions of different models.