Introducing the space ship

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welfarebread

Reaction score
Haven't settled on a name yet so Im just calling her the space ship till a name comes along that fits. Thought I would share a few photos, progress has been slow but she's slowly coming along. 

Hey there,<div>I was looking at your curtains, for just a few dollars more, you can upgrade the line to metal line and some tightening ends from Home Depot. Then the lines will be almost horizontal if not actually horizontal. Then the curtains do not droop and you will have more privacy.</div><div><br></div><div>Nice pics</div>

That looks like a decent van. Hope it works well for you!
Les

She'll be white and black when I'm done with her. I need to redo the curtains those are just the ones that came with the van.&nbsp;

I can see how the name came to mind lol. Welcome

I can't wait to see what you do with your space ship.&nbsp; And I like the idea from Wilderness Return about metal with tightening ends.&nbsp; Did you do the insulation?&nbsp; Looks great!&nbsp; Keep the photos coming!&nbsp; =)<br>

myvangoghs said:
I can't wait to see what you do with your space ship.&nbsp; And I like the idea from Wilderness Return about metal with tightening ends.&nbsp; Did you do the insulation?&nbsp; Looks great!&nbsp; Keep the photos coming!&nbsp; =)<br>
<div>I put in the insulation and next is paneling, curtains and perhaps a cabinet, then even more. I'll post photos showing the progress.&nbsp;</div>

<p style="margin: 0px;">I like the way you did your bed.&nbsp; Mine is similar in construction and very strong.&nbsp; I can't tell you how enjoyable it is to be able to&nbsp;&nbsp; s t r e t c h&nbsp; out in the morning.&nbsp; I'd considered the crossways bed and didn't want to be twised up (too tall).</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">I'm using a couple of plastic drawers under the bed and help captive with little boards placed behind them.&nbsp; They work great and help keep the van more organized.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">You've got a nice looking van there!&nbsp; Thanks for posting the cool pics.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Brad</p><p style="margin: 0px;"><a href="http://vantrekker.blogspot.com/" target=_blank>http://vantrekker.blogspot.com/</a></p>

I'm thinking about changing up the bed situation and putting a platform and full size bed crossways towards the back door. I'm more a curdled up sleeper and It'll give me a good amount of more storage space. I'm 6'6" though...