Introducing...Me

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrapinstation71

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is David but you can call me Dave. I’m 46 yrs old. I’m a single US Navy veteran, never married with no children, and as of Oct 2017 I am officially living in, or out of, my Honda CR-V hoping to save as much money I can so I can purchase a van that I intend to convert myself into a permanent living environment. My first idea was to build a tiny house but in doing research online I kept finding myself reading and watching videos on the Vandweller culture.  It seems like a perfect lifestyle choice for me. Travel, minimalism and freedom. All that I want. 

I’ve been watching Bob and other YouTubeers for quite a while and finally made the decision to sell off what little I had and get out of my $1300 a month apartment in San Diego that I could no longer afford and embrace a minamalistic nomadic single lifestyle. 

I enjoy camping, hiking and traveling. I’m interested in writing a book or graphic novel based on personal stories and delusions I’ve had growing up. It will hopefully be humorous and entertaining even though it touches on some very heavy and dark subject matter such as mental illness, abuse and addiction. 

Anyway. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group and hopefully meet some of you nice people along the way. As of now I am going to try to attend the RTR, so see you then, if not sooner. 

Stay safe and happy.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Dave!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts