Introduce myself you say

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artist

Reaction score
Introduce myself you say
Runt of the litter, wanting to stray
Oh, my real life age, sex, location,
Fifties, Female, USA~Lil Sioux nation
Let's see, life has been a success
Cant say I live with regrets
Was happy, went to college
Learned a lot about knowledge
Then stuck with school loans
Days of buying luxuries, a home
American dreams somehow seems
Always another goal and dream
Now in the sincerest change of heart
I hope to live all my life for my art
So why am I here you to ask
I was taught as a child this task
To build a RV and Houseboat
Traveled 3 mo. each year and wrote
Just little ol me who has learned
Something inside me has yearned
Adventure, Freedom; sun, and fun
You become my family, brother, son
Meeting great people to share time
Together hand in hand we rhyme
This is our destiny, our quest
Can we bring humanity to its best
United, honored, and proud
We are the RV'ing crowd

Hey, everyone knows me as ... Artist !

Welcome to the CRVL forums Artist! Love your poem! We have quite a group of artistic van dwellers here - painters, writers, builders, and crafters. You'll fit right in!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

What a great introduction. Welcome the Artist and the people here are wonderful people. I am new and I met same of then in person and they are really great people.

Hey there Artist!

I'm onna the 'resident' artists we have on board here...but unlike your clever wordplay, I make my art by schmearing colored goop on stuff. Oh, and sometimes I'll melt metal stuff together too. (stuff that goes fast and looks cool too!) :D

Welcome to the asylum!!

Patrick in Oregon

Welcome Artist !  :D

I purchased a French Easel last year when A C Moore's had them cheap.   I hope to pack my
water colors along in it when I go on the road.  WC is my first love in fine art.

Hope you're able to pursue your muse soon !

Welcome to our tribe Artist
I hope you find what you're looking for here with the folks of CRVL forums.
So many of us already have.

Quite lovely and fun! Welcome. Are you planning to travel more than 3 months a year? What type of rig and where will you travel this year? Inquiring minds want to know ... :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes !!
I'm looking for a Sprinter to make into a studio, making it into a four seasons RV for stealth, gas mileage, and longevity.

When I was 6 yo, my dad built a custom Houseboat and RV then we traveled three months of every year, so deep down I'm more at home on the road. While a little woman has no business self defending herself against coyote, diamondback's, bear, etc. Somewhere down inside now strong enough, to live off my art being on the road full time. Just totally love writing poems, I'm a visual artist, Plein air painter. . .

“This world is but a canvas to our imagination.” Henry David Thoreau

... Artist !

Artist said:
  While a little woman has no business self defending herself against coyote, diamondback's, bear, etc.  Somewhere down inside now strong enough, to live off my art being on the road full time.  Just totally love writing poems, I'm a visual artist, Plein air painter. . .

“This world is but a canvas to our imagination.”  Henry David Thoreau

... Artist !

Welcome to the forums!

I think maybe you might be taking Thoreau and his imagination far further than necessary.

As an also 'little woman' who deliberately goes as far out in the wild as she can get both on foot, by water and by vehicle, I can attest to the chances of having to defend oneself against lions, tigers and bears oh my, are extremely seldom. One more often needs to defend themselves and their stuff more against ants, spiders, chipmunks and raccoons than any of the larger wildlife.

Carry a can of bear spray, pass quickly through the cities and go explore our wondrous world of nature!

you 'DO' know that we have a current thread about plein-air painting...don'cha??

Seems like there may be a few of us who like painting in the great out-of-doors! :D

Artist said:
Introduce myself you say
Runt of the litter, wanting to stray
Oh, my real life age, sex, locanalysisies, Female, USA~Lil Sioux nation
Let's see, life has been a success
Cant say I live with regrets
Was happy, went to college
Learned a lot about knowledge
Then stuck with school loans
Days of buying luxuries, a home
American dreams somehow seems
Always another goal and dream
Now in the sincerest change of heart
I hope to live all my life for my art
So why am I here you to ask
I was taught as a child this task
To build a RV and Houseboat
Traveled 3 mo. each year and wrote
Just little ol me who has learned
Something inside me has yearned
Adventure, Freedom; sun, and fun
You become my family, brother, son
Meeting great people to share time
Together hand in hand we rhyme
This is our destiny, our quest
Can we bring humanity to its best
United, honored, and proud
We are the RV'ing crowd

Hey, everyone knows me as ... Artist !
"Went to college ... student loans" A lot of that going around. People tend to forget cost/benefit analysis when it comes to figuring out their major is worth in the marketplace and whether they should take out big loans to pay for their degree.