Insulated coffee mug

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carla618

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions welcome. I want a regular insulated mug. Not a tall travel mug. Anyone have one that keeps beverages hot for longer than one hour?

I've been reading reviews and came up with a couple that keep coffee warm for one hour, but if you can do better that would be great.
Here is one that I found so far:

https://a.co/d/bN8zVOQ

Might check and see if these guys make one in a size and shape you like.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/11/23...ar-fire-so-stanley-replaces-both-mug-and-car/
Thanks. I think I used the wrong search terms on Amazon, because no Stanley mugs popped up. Thermos brand did. I had a Stanley pour over mug on my 'buy later' list for months, but ended up buying just a separate pour over thing that sits on top of a mug.

I'll search again, but under camping supplies. Thanks Malamute.

In Amazon type in 30 oz tumbler, check metal, double wall & 4 stars plus on the left of the page & lowest price first on the upper right. They have several nice ones for $7.91 & up. I just bought the $7.91 bosses cup w/2 SS straws $ a brush, added a can of soup for 95 cents did the delayed shipping 12/27 & will get $2 for videos,etc.
Has a 4.7 rating.

Last edited:
Head to Walmart, they have lots of insulated mugs with handles in the kitchen section as well as in the camping section. More than one brand to choose from. Quite a few of the brands they carry have very good ratings. But if you want hot coffee to do warm ups also buy a good coffee thermos that is rated to stay hot for 12 hours. That way you do not have to worry so much about how many hours the mug is rated for.

Head to Walmart, they have lots of insulated mugs with handles in the kitchen section as well as in the camping section. More than one brand to choose from. Quite a few of the brands they carry have very good ratings. But if you want hot coffee to do warm ups also buy a good coffee thermos that is rated to stay hot for 12 hours. That way you do not have to worry so much about how many hours the mug is rated for.
Thanks for thinking for me:) I bought my daughter a Stanley Thermos last year for Christmas and thought, "I should get one for myself someday." Guess I forgot! A thermos would work best.

I got my insulated mugs in the camping section of Walmart. I got the tall mugs but I've seen smaller mugs of the same type in Walmart. They keep my coffee warm several hours.... long enough for me to drive from here to Yreka (a two-hour drive).

Your mug looks almost the same as the normal sized coffee mugs I use... slightly different lids. They cost about the same too.

I've never had complaints. They keep the drinks warm longer than it takes me to finish them unless I set it down and forget about it for half the day.

For those stainless steel, vacuum insulated ones, it helps a lot to pre-heat the interior with hot water to be poured out before you put your coffee in it. ("poured out" can be into a dishpan or something if you're conserving water of course).

I have the opposite problem... my first SS insulated mug I bought in Havre Mt... and I was almost to North Dakota before I could even drink my coffee! Haha. I’ve had good luck with most brands... plastic... no!

I have the opposite problem... my first SS insulated mug I bought in Havre Mt... and I was almost to North Dakota before I could even drink my coffee! Haha. I’ve had good luck with most brands... plastic... no!
You forgot to mention how fast you were driving and factor in the heat produced by the air friction 😱

You forgot to mention how fast you were driving and factor in the heat produced by the air friction 😱
Haha… it was below zero on Christmas Eve… I drove without a clutch the rest of the way home… with my big canoe trailer I couldn’t go real fast… I think it was 2017… had just had a major surgery…
Kira’s maiden trip with me… how’s that for memory…

Haha… it was below zero on Christmas Eve… I drove without a clutch the rest of the way home… with my big canoe trailer I couldn’t go real fast… I think it was 2017… had just had a major surgery…
Kira’s maiden trip with me… how’s that for memory…
Well my “next door”neighbor that surely will make for a good story around the campfire. I will look forward to hearing more embellishments about it 🔥

Insulation will not keep your drink hot forever! But, you could try this self-heating (and self-stirring) USB powered coffee mug:

Gmaxty Self Stirring Mug, Self Stirring Coffee Mug, Wood Grain 2-in-1 Self Mixing Mug & Self Heating Coffee Mug Suitable for Coffee/Hot Chocolat/Milk for Office/Kitchen/Travel/Home (G2)

I envision that one could just add water, have the mug heat the water up and then add instant coffee and/or cocoa and use the self-mixing feature. To clean it just fill it with some water and have it self-stir itself clean?