Incident on the land I just bought. At a loss.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do?

• Get a gun and a restraining order

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Keep land as investment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lease the land to someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work the land but don't live there

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Cut your losses and leave

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Something else?

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
A sad case and a long dead thread. She wanted rescuing, for someone to give her a derelict RV and bring it to her unimproved, rural land and park it there so she could live in it with a young child. She was not after advice so she left.
IMG_1694.jpeg

Last edited:
A gun brought in to the mix could get "complicated" very quickly. Would you be prepared to use it?
If you have a gun, do you have a gun safe or other ways of keeping your child safe from a gun? Are there bears around? I would not have a gun in your situation; there is more risk of bad outcomes with a gun than without.

I should have looked at the date or read to the end. LOL

I should have looked at the date or read to the end. LOL
Always a good idea. Also you get into this kind of stuff when clicking onto one of those “Simlar Threads” recommendations. That auto function in the app creates a lot of need to look before you respond as many of them are long dead conversations.

Yeah but other people have agreed that it was good to resurrect it because it's a topic that continues to interest people. There's no rule against reactivating old threads. In this case the new posts remain relevant, and nobody's wasting time waiting in vain on a response from the OP, so no harm no foul.

I wish I knew how it played out.
(I heard this from a 'friend')
The two of them built a still at the old spring, experimenting with exotic gins and vodkas.
They incorporated as BoldSpirits, but were 'bought-out' by a middle eastern concern and retired to a loft in downtown Philadelphia.
Apparently, they are quite 'in-demand' with the urban in-crowd for their skills at Interior Decorating!