In through the out door.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ring

Reaction score
Greetings Friends....I have been contemplating joining your community for quite a while, and I'm glad to finally be here.

Right now I am in the process of converting my '01 Explorer into a habitable vehicle. The rental lease on our house ends in mid-January. I have decided to take up residence in my vehicle because I am low-income and I do not want to live in an apartment in  a depressed area. My dog and I will be moving into it by the end of December. My dog is the light of my life!

My boyfriend and I are splitting up after 8.5 years. Our breakup is amicable and we are still best friends. I do anticipate an emotionally difficult departure, and I have always wanted to work through differences in relationships even though it might not be the best thing.

I am looking forward to creating some meaningful bonds with other members so I don't feel so isolated. It is a lonely decision in so many ways. Despite having experienced difficult chapters throughout my life, I feel fragile at times.

I made my decision almost a year ago and have watched countless videos, read numerous books (including Bob's) and multiple blogs. The research has been endless, but I still have so many questions.

There are so many loose ends to tie up in my life and I'm hoping that posting on the boards it will keep me focused and on track. It's something I struggle with. Perhaps I will also have some ideas and thoughts worth contributing as well.

Thanks so much for having me.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Jackie Blue! You are fortunate to have several months to prepare. Are you planning on traveling? If possible try to make it to the RTR. Or join one of the caravans for a smaller group experience.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum, JackieBlue... sounds like you're going through a time of great transition but you're well prepared for it. I hope SUV living works for you.