I think this the first time in my life....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmorAbby

Reaction score
that I got paid.. and all my bills were paid.. I needed nothing..... but $30 in food... maybe a little gas... so my whole check is just in the bank.   

Am I now a person that doesn't have to live paycheck to paycheck...... 
Let's not jinx it with a breakdown... 

But this is a really good feeling. 
Before dwelling I was living in an ivy league town with $1650 per month rent... 
Add on that electric, cable, amenity fees, insurance, etc etc etc... 

I've completed my build... completed my electrical set up.... 

There's nothing else... 
But again.. 
Let's not jinx it with a breakdown ;;)

Life is good...

You think you completed build and electrical.  They are never complete, forever a work in progress.  There's always something.

yes.. true.. I still haven't done that shunt or a meter.. which I certainly need.. plus those batteries don't last forever...
and I want to get one of those swivel passenger seats... and I want a better device for hanging my suits....
So... yeah.. no... not completed the build... just... content for now ;)

Pretty eye opening to see what we spend for a roof over our heads. I live (for now) in a Big 10 University town, rents are stupid high and I am damned sick of paying them!

and that was an apartment... lol... the houses are in the thousands for renting... I mean, it's a great place.. but that's why I started dwelling.. I didn't want to live a place I could afford when I couldn't afford it anymore.... and I feel safer VanDwelling....

WINNING!!!

CaihCcFWcAEXp2h.jpg

I just moved out of my house too! Gotta finish up those pesky utilities and then hopefully my check will be all van and savings! Congratulations to you!

Just realized what I typed here.. and like.. WTF was I saying...? LOL

"I didn't want to live a place I could afford when I couldn't afford it anymore.... and I feel safer VanDwelling...."

Once I couldn't afford my home anymore, I didn't want to live in the neighborhoods that I could afford....
Is what I meant to say :p

Most people go through life spending most if not all that they earn just to support their job.....education , clothes , car + gas , credit cards , home-etc....

Most are perfectly happy and oblivious to this fact for their entire life.

All it takes is for you to break the chains...

I already had an alternative life on the road but when I quit that (my dream job).
I was amazed how much I could save
with just my rv and a workamping job here and there which was a huge reduction in my previous income.
Now I have a new dream.
And so do you........

Welcome to the good life !
Glad you made it !

I love it when there is money in the bank! Good job!

Good job! I can imagine that is a great feeling. I am hoping to get there soon. I just started my build, so I have a little ways to go but I keep dreaming of the day I can say the same thing as you. Good luck out there.