I have a Start Date: June 23, 2017

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeAtLast

Reaction score
That's when my house sells (foreclosure short sale) and I, ready or not, move into my home-on-wheels.  I've had my 2000 GMC Savanah 3500 (6.5l TD) for just over a year.  There's a 1/2" of polyiso between the ribs, a twin-size bed directly behind the driver's seat, a Fantastic Fan in the roof, and a makeshift shelf for my 3 little AGM batteries (35AH each - mobility scooter batteries), 2000W MSW inverter, BlueSea fuse panel and in-line monitoring device.  A 100w Renogy suitcase solar panel is my starting point to keep the batteries topped up; roof rack mounted panel(s) will be added later. 

I'm currently in SE CT and spent January parked on my cousin's spare lot an hour north of Tampa, FL.  That was my 'shake-down' cruise.  The Mr. Heater worked great when I needed it and the van ran great.  I plan on staying there a couple of months each winter season (she lets me use her shower and washer/dryer).  Who knows where I'll be the rest of the time.

So- excited to finally have a closing date and will no longer have ties to this house.  And, grateful for all the information, reviews, advice and humor that you have all posted on this forum.  I hope to pay some of that back once I'm full timing it and fine-tuning my set-up.  I already want to redo my battery/electrical gear layout in a more space efficient manner.

Wish me luck - I am soon to be,

FreeAtLast!
Randy

OK, so now I do NOT have a start date- sigh.  Buyer did not qualify for financing.  I know, for conventional sales, buyers are qualified before making an offer.  But for a short sale (at least here in CT) they have a month or two to qualify after the mortgage-holding bank accepts the offer.  So now I am back to square one and bitterly disappointed.  I may ask the court for a 'deed-in-lieu' and just walk away from all this.  I am NOT spending another winter heating this house for the bank and yes, I'm concerned that it could drag on for that long.  This is CT - people and businesses are leaving in droves.  I will talk to my realtor but without positive movement in a month or two, I'm planning to ditch the whole place - they can do what they want to my credit which I no longer use anyway.  Screw you, bankers and your political buddies that created this mess in the first place.

Not quite Free At Last/Randy

Latest posts