I have Faith

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the Lifepo cell source- love that they have little gaps for air flow, and upper/lower frames with holes for through bolting.
They are awesome little tanks!

https://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/Fortune-100Ah-Aluminum-Encased-Battery

Combined with Overkill Solar BMS, Victron Scc and remote battery sense unit.
Allows for a ton of control and customization. Done well, and well cared for-these beasts Should last darn near forever

Most recent projects:
Installing volt meter/usb ports in dash (replacing factory 12v tied to engine battery) has on/off switch
Adding agm back into original house battery bay- for starting generator - charges from generator when running. Plan to, eventually, tie it back in to alternator charging and (with help from someone much smarter than me) add a bypass to switch on dash to have capability to jump start myself from inside the cab (my old red truck had it- it is awesome!)
Swapped headlights for good LED ones
Added anderson power pole connector for charging portable battery bank. (fused via house system)
Figured out the design for safety cage for lithium bank- tight spot- still want fairly easy access if needed for repairs.
Figured out how to use regular twin sheets on the bed. Now if only the dang seller for the bit of foam would actually Ship my ‘mattress’.... :/

Going to do some tinkering on the interior today and get some pics for y’all

Just got back from a "cross country" trip from TX to Oregon and back..  took 3 weeks and stayed everywhere from RV parks to road-side rest areas.  Most things went well, no major issues. Tested lots of factory and upgrade systems.
3sisters.jpg
3 Sisters area

roomwithabridge.jpg
Had a great view one of the nights.. lol

Wyoming.jpg
Epic landscape of Wyoming

Attachments

• 3sisters.jpg
    3sisters.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 10
  • roomwithabridge.jpg
    roomwithabridge.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Wyoming.jpg
    Wyoming.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 16
Note to shops everywhere: if a customer comes in for tire rotation and tells you that their rig has low clearance, so don’t try to put it on the drive-up hoist.. Listen to them
Idiots decided to try anyway and Scraped
Thankfully I just removed a bit of paint with my one pre-bent under rail.

The manager comped the cost and will be having a discussion with his idiots..