I bought a sailboat

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howardsells2000

Reaction score
I'm still living in my RV but I bought a 26 foot sailboat. I may end up moving into the sailboat. it's smaller than my camper but I will have electric and running water. Anyway the main reason I posted is that all my family, brothers, mom and dad are so excited. No one was excited when I was moving into my camper. They seem to think it is so much more normal to live on a boat not live in the camper. I'm really happy living in the camper I have no complaints other than mechanical problems. I cant trust this old camper to start every time.

There is a big difference I will go from living on the side of the road to having a rented slip at the marina. I guess I will be technically legal there.

So the adventures continue.

Howard

congrats! I'm green with envy! I would love a boat to live on and have considered the idea!<br /><br />

I never lived in a sailboat fulltime but used to weekend on my 22' and spent a good deal of time on my brother's 26'. What kind did you get? A Columbia 26'? (Pure guess.) Where will you moor it? (State?)<br /><br />Best of luck!&nbsp; I always slept like a baby on my rocking boat!

paddling_man said:
Best of luck!&nbsp; I always slept like a baby on my rocking boat!
<br /><br />Slept like a baby... really??<br /><br />Up at 10; up at 2; up at 6!<br /><br />Lifey - mother of five

Most of the sailboats here on LI are on moorings, don't recall seeing ones in slips? must pay more attention....My Dad had a 32' chris craft, inboard....LOVED that boat! slept like a baby, the rocking never bothered me, I kinda&nbsp;preferred&nbsp;it! every windy night when I sleep I think of the boat.<br /><br />Come to think of it I have seen sailboats in slips! I have only seen them out on moorings on the north side (bay) not the ocean side, which makes sense duh!

I bought a 26 foot Pearson sailboat. I'm keeping it at a marina on the Magothy River in Maryland. I spent the weekend on it and really enjoyed myself. I never left the dock just kinda hung out at the marina. I slept great. Right now I'm just going to spend weekends on it. I think I will be living on it permanently by Spring.