Humor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played by Robert Mitchum in the film, The Longest Day.

Couldn't find the more famous relation

Correct.  Played by Henry Fonda.  His son, Quentin Roosevelt II was a Captain who landed at Omaha Beach in the first wave.

When asked, after the war, what was the bravest thing he had seen, Omar Bradley answered "Ted Roosevelt at Utah Beach".  He received a posthumous Medal of Honor.

Looks like Cota shoulda got that too. Tom Hanks blowing through the barricades based on him too.

so,dont play trivial pursuit war edition with John61CT,got it

Optimistic Paranoid said:
You should be more concerned about the fact that I also got the account number of your super secret Swiss bank account. :cool:

I suggest you take better precautions in the future.

No biggie, those weren't Dollars, they were Rials  :D
Now gotta get that security patched up

2075bb8c259683ce89573de2445da755.jpg

Attachments

• 2075bb8c259683ce89573de2445da755.jpg
    2075bb8c259683ce89573de2445da755.jpg
    82.8 KB
Thank you ever so much OP for that morning laugh.. :D

And he's ever so right, it's not just that forum that gets to carrying on that way! :rolleyes:

Just hoping my nearest neighbors can't hear me giggling away here in the van!!!

Optimistic Paranoid said:
This is gonna get me into trouble
But, Hey, you already know that I'm a member of the "He Ain'T Right" club 
Haven't had coffee spew from my nostrils in a coons age. Thanks!

It is SO easy to see where he got the idea for the hammerforum...........................everywhere.
Well , except here !

*Lawyer vs United Way*

The United Way realized that it had never received a donation from the city's most successful lawyer. So a United Way worker paid the lawyer a visit in his lavish office.

The United Way guy opened the meeting by saying, 'Our research shows that even though your annual income is over two million dollars, you don't give a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give something back to your community through the United Way?'

The lawyer thinks for a minute and says, 'First, did your research also show you that my mother is dying after a long, painful illness and she has huge medical bills that are far beyond her ability to pay?'

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbles, 'Uh... no, I didn't know that.'

'Secondly,' says the lawyer, 'did it show that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair and is unable to support his wife and six children?'

The stricken United Way rep begins to stammer an apology, but is cut off again.

'Thirdly, did your research also show you that my sister's husband died in a dreadful car accident, leaving her penniless with a mortgage and three children, one of whom is disabled and another that has learning disabilities requiring an array of private tutors?'

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, says, 'I'm so sorry. I had no idea.'

And the lawyer says, 'So, if I didn't give any money to them, what makes you think I'd give any to you?'