How to go about making the change

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbekindof

Reaction score
Im 34 and not real good with internet. First time every posting to a blog,or forum or what ever this is. Havent figured it out yet. Anyway, im a trucker otr so am used to living on the road and being nomadic. Have a compact car for off time and am looking swap over info for part time vandweller or rv living. Not sure which one to try. Not going to make a drastic change. Going to ease into it over the next year. Looking for advice? Thx

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Welcome Newbe to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

I think you'll do just fine and it sounds like you are ready for a couple of big  adventures now.  #1 the internet, and #2 getting a rig together for your off time beginning experiences.  Yes, you can wade into it slowly and easily
for a "shake down" for daytrips or camping outings.

I'd invite you to check out the two links below.  One is about a simple outfitting of a Cargo Van that would get you started.  The gear in it could be quickly removed to convert it back to a Cargo Van if you need to haul something.  Best of both worlds.   The other site is a "portal" of handy information to have all in one place.  You could use it from home to plan with or explore from home before trying to go to some place you are interested in....or once you are on the road you could use a Laptop at a WIFI hot spot or a Public Library to find support services or info you need to make your travels more comfortable and convenient.

Today with Cell Smart Phones and Laptops or Tablets you can connect to the internet WIFI Hotspots easily on parking lots of Walmart, Lowe's, Sams Club, McDonalds, and many other fast food places.   If you use a program like "SKYPE" on your devices when at a WIFI hot spot with another person who has the same installed you can see and talk to each other over the internet. 

I think you're going to like this.

Welcome, Driver! My van is way bigger than the sleeper of an International... It's a mansion almost! And way easier to get into certain places with, like, say, Niagara Falls. That was a bear with a 53' trailer! I was just a rider... No driving semis for me! I think you'll enjoy the forum! I hope you enjoy your journey!

Welcome aboard !
Truckloads of info here free for loadin'....
Don't be shy , ask anything you want to know.

Latest posts