How do I figure out a toilet for a teenie space in my..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john*thomas said:
I bought my wife some of the female funnels. 4 of them (reusable) for less than $5. I got a funny look and I haven't asked her if she has practiced yet.
LOL, at least someone had the ingenuity to invent those, mines is being delivered any day now.

WanderingRose said:
Start simple and feel your way thru, is my motto.
that's what I've done my whole life so just enough planning and learning on here, just enough before I literally think my head's going to explode, then, as if she knows, my little dog comes over and puts here itti bitti paws on me and snaps me out of it.  I know it's time for a walk ;)

A two gallon bucket with a gamma lid works well. For storage and disposal you can use an airtight sealed container such as an ammo can or stainless steel kitchen cannister made for coffee, each is about $ 10.
-crofter

"You are only allowed to dig and bury a single use "cathole" "

and please not in a plastic bag.

Highdesertranger

abnorm said:
MOST PLACES......You are only allowed to dig and bury a single use "cathole"..........

Granted I have no clue what most places allow. Up until now I've tent camped and in places no one would have a clue I dug a hole.

crofter said:
A two gallon bucket with a gamma lid works well. For storage and disposal you can use an airtight sealed container such as an ammo can or stainless steel kitchen cannister made for coffee, each is about $ 10.
-crofter
I even got a fancy blue bucket, and toilet seat!  LOL, ammo can, how appropo if we ever are in a s**t  fight.:D

If only it would stay in the hole, I’ve seen far too many pieces of toilet paper around most campsites.

Leaving toilet paper outside (it is paper litter) is not Leave No Trace, to me. It makes me sad to see it while camping/backpacking.

G0ldengirl68 said:
I even got a fancy blue bucket, and toilet seat!  LOL, ammo can, how appropo if we ever are in a s**t  fight.:D

River rafters started using ammo cans shortly after WWII, I believe. 

Old rafters call them "groovers" - because you get grooves when you use them! 

They were (and probably still are) used because they are portable, and seal tightly for transport. 

I much prefer my luggable loo.

Hmmmm, never thought to use an ammo can. That might make the perfect vessel for poo on the go! And if in a gun fight and you run out of regular ammo, you got this ammo can as backup ammo!

If you camp at my place you can just throw it in the woods, dig a hole, thrown in neighbors yard, anywhere I’m not going to walk. Burn or trash the tp

BLIKA camp toilet seat seems best. It takes less room to store and rugged.

Or you could just make your own,

IMG_1724.JPG
LOL

Highdesertranger

Attachments

• IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37