Hooking up to Ford Transit CCP

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panda

Reaction score
Has anyone here connected to their Transit's CCP (Customer Connection Point)?
I'm quite curious about a few things, 

- what you used to connect to it, was it a battery terminal lug? 
- did you screw against the plastic housing? 
- what length and type of wire gauge did you use?
- also where did you use to ground the connection?

If you recall any video that's helpful too, I'm having trouble finding videos of campers actually using their CCP

I would think the CCP has both positive and negative connection points. A meter will tell you which is which. My guess would be one ground point and 1 or 3 - 60 amp hot points depending on option. A fuse(s) may need to be put in the fuse block to make it (them) hot.

As for how to actually make the connection? No clue as I don't have one in front of me to look it over closely.

Here is one of many wire size charts for choosing what size wire to connect depending on wire length: http://www.offroaders.com/technical/12-volt-wiring-tech-gauge-to-amps/

I have a '17 Ford Transit with nothing attached to the Consumer Connection Point..…(I have a large flooded acid battery bank and 600 watts of Solar Panels)

Here's a link to the large knowledgeable online Ford Transit USA Forum.....I entered "CCP" as a search query....you'll find your answers here.....(you can read and search without "joining")

https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/search/120679/?q=CCP&t=post&o=relevance

EDITTED TO ADD: Sorry Brian......NO Negative terminals on the CCP........use the battery - or any grounded metal (Ford provides many 'ground points' to the structure)

Hi Panda - 

I have a 2016 Transit 250 High Roof and I did connect the house electrical system to the CCP. I connected it through manual switches because I only normally only use it to trickle charge the starter battery with the solar system when the van is not going to move for a while. I sized the wiring to handle full current from the CCP in the (hopefully rare) event that I need to recharge the house batteries with the alternator.

I have the stock alternator and only have one post at the CCP on the driver's seat. You can get the Transit with a high output alternator and then I think you get three posts, all 60A if I remember correctly.

The CCP only has the positive terminal. I connected negative to a tap point on the negative battery cable under the driver's seat. 

I have crimped ring terminals on 6 gauge to connect to those two points. Both wires run up the driver 'B' pillar, across the roof, then along the passenger side and down the passenger back corner to about 1ft off the floor.  Each wire goes through it's own manual switch before I connect to the house positive and negative bus bars. I did this because I have isolated the house electrical negative from the vehicle/starter negative.

Hope this helped. 

Patrick