• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gear For Sale MC4 Solar and Extension Cables

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraCamper

Reaction score
Hi,

If anyone is looking for an extension cable for their portable solar panels or need to extend power quickly inside their van or vehicle, we can make a custom length cable for you. Either MC4 cables, Anderson Powerpole Connector cables or a combination of ends. Message me if there is a particular length you need or reply to this post. We use a MC4 to Powerpole to bring portable solar power to our van and then once inside, I have a Powerpole to Powerpole to connect up to our portable power station. I use a heavier gauge wire then what you typically find for sale. The wire is bonded Red/Black copper, so just one cable instead of two cables.

Here are two pictures of a setup where a friend camps in their SUV. They can leave the Jackery inside the SUV in the shade while setting up their portable 200 watt solar panel out in the sun. There are limits on length for safety.

Thank you,
Jon

VanLifeWired

Attachments

• File_001.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
    686.3 KB · Views: 1
  • File_000 (1).jpeg
    File_000 (1).jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1