Hi

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryweiss

Reaction score
I have been following Bob's videos for a while. I considered selling my home and traveling. Now my home is sold. Closing October 15, 2020. I purchased a 2019 Chevy extended passenger van with 25K. Got rid of the seats. I'm doing a "no build build". Bought a cot and mattress, cooler, a single burner and I need to make a solar decision. Don't want to make any major changes to the van until I spend some time in it and decide what I actually need. Heading to Detroit first for my sister's 90th birthday. Then off to Southern Az. Looking for lots of adventures and new experiences. I have traveled quite a bit but I was always hampered by having to return home. Now I can be free because I'll be able to travel with my home. I'll be traveling with my best friend, Lucy. She is a wonderful 4 year old mix breed 15 pound bossy spoiled dog. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers and improving my already great life.  :shy:

Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

Yes I agree,  great things await you out there in the land beyond "day trips" which is usually a 150 mile radius of home.
(and that's always a long day)

Let me point you to the two links below where you will see my basic build  for a Van, Cargo Trailer, or Bug-Out Car.
The link below it may be of most interest though as it will help you plan where you'd like to go, where you can stay (campgrounds etc)  and side trips to see interesting things.  And it's all FREE.  But there is still so much more information to use while you are on the road to make life more easy and comfortable.

Best of luck and safe travels !

Welcome larry weiss to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

You’re smart, making minimal changes to your van until you’ve put some miles in.

For solar? I’m assuming you want to be independent of your van’s cigarette plug to charge your devices and have some light at night. I think a 250-300 power station (Jackery, RickPals, other) and a 100-200 w portable solar panel would do you fine. You might even decide it’s all you really need. And even if you do decide you want more, a smaller portable setup can always be handy - or you could give it to HOWA after it’s served your purpose.