Hi there!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlclemmensen

Reaction score
I've been living in my van, in parking lots, for the last couple of years. This isn't something I chose, but like so many, had a series of events that lead to this result (lost job, health issues, etc.). I was very lucky to already have a van that was in decent shape, bought to haul all of my kite-flying stuff around.

Living in a vehicle isn't something I would have chosen - never in a million years! I'm a homebody to the core, but I'm very slowly coming to the realization that I may need to give it up and embrace the idea. Two big draws for me are the sense of community I've seen and chasing good weather.

Oh! The biggest draw of all would be that I would be able to get away from the relentless flow of exhaust fumes and other stuff..... other stuff being vaping fumes & marijuana chemicals (hopefully). Also hoping to get away from air fresheners, anything with Febreze. I've become over-the-top sensitive to these things and more. I want this headache gone and I want to be able to breathe again!

I am so looking forward to getting to know all y'all here in the forums. Indeed, I've been binge-watching videos and binge-reading the forums, so it already feels like I know you. This is such a fantastic resource -- thanks so much for the generosity you've shown!

Nancy

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Welcome Nancy to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Was your name Mcgill but you called yourself Lil but everyone knew you as Nancy? Old Beatles song. Growing up I had a crush on a girl named Nancy and the Beatles were around back then. It apparently left it's mark on me, (the 1954 part of my handle is the birth year).
Welcome to the forum. There are number of Chemically sensitive people here so many will relate to you. I am a part timer now but I lived most of my adult life on boats or RV's.
You have been doing this for a while so you probably have experience to share with others. Make yourself at home.

DannyB1954 said:
Was your name Mcgill but you called yourself Lil but everyone knew you as Nancy

Heh..... Thanks for the welcome Danny. I don't think I know anything more than what everyone here does. In fact, I've learned tons and tons in the few weeks I've been reading. I'm good at butting in, though-- meant to say I'm good at passing along things others have taught me. ;)

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk