Hi There

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
My wife Michele and I are about to hit the road in another six months or so. I am retired, but she is still working until around the first of the year. We have a teardrop trailer with a tent built for the side of the trailer. We have done a bit of traveling in it and find it pretty comfortable. Bad weather can be a problem, but unless you want an A Class, it always will be to some degree or other.

We have been off again on again musicians and would like to help our retirement funds with doing a bit of playing here and there. I don't know that Mick, my wife, is ready for full time, but I think I can get her to about 3/4 with no problem. We just will have to swing by the grandkids now and then.

We would like to come to the RTR in January, but that will depend on if we have the house sold or not. until then, things are a bit iffy, but then I bet a lot of you know how that goes.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I will be lurking around for a while until I think I'm smart enough to comment. Nice to meetcha!

Stephen

Stephen said:
 I will be lurking around for a while until I think I'm smart enough to comment.

You'll quickly notice that if that was a prerequisite, not many of us would have much to say...

Welcome aboard!  

:)

Welcome, and second what Brad said, we're not always the brightest group, be we are friendly!

Hello and Welcome Stephen and Mick.

I love tear drops. They look so unique. I didn't know they had tent to add-on. When you have a chance could you post a photo? I wouldn't be surprise if you know more than you think, you'll see.

Your plans sound very exciting.

Nicole

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL.
Sometimes we may seem to be the crazy train but next we will be the Dalai Lama.

Hello, Stephen and Michele! Welcome to the group.

Don't be shy about asking anything. Lots of friendly, helpful people here.

ilovemyvan said:
Hello and Welcome Stephen and Mick.

I love tear drops. They look so unique. I didn't know they had tent to add-on. When you have a chance could you post a photo? I wouldn't be surprise if you know more than you think, you'll see.

Your plans sound very exciting.

Nicole

Nicole, I would love to show you a pic, but I can't figure out how at the moment. The tent is 10x10 and attaches to the door on the right side of the trailer. The 3 sides away from the trailer can be rolled up to make a screen room. It's a bear to put up, but it is great! Once I figure out how to add photos, I will put one up.

Well, I tried inserting a link of a photo, but it looks broken. I thought I was somewhat computer literate, but am having second thoughts on that.

[img=480x23]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNj5nTfrRXMXheR_DcDHG7n6QLZ52tUcqMDKhRB[/img]

Try try again.

Okay, I put in the url for the pic and since it is about square, set the height at 480. Nuthin! The other one I tried I resized a pic and then posted the resized copy to my desktop. I set it as an attachment and Voila! Nuthin. I am not saying a thing about the site, only that I have to be one of the dumbest forum people in the world. I use a computer just about daily for work functions, but this picture thing is beyond me. Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Just so ya know, I've had this problem on other forums. It's me, not you.

To insert a picture from another website

1) Click on the "New Reply" Button and type in your text. Leave the cursor where you want the picture
2) Go to the other website and right click on the picture and then click on "Copy Image Address" the vergbage changes but basically it's that.
3) Go back to the new reply.
4) at the top of the page are the icons for the word proccessor, one of them is a little picture that looks like a mountain scene. Click on it.
5) There is a place to paste the address you just copied. If it already has HTTP// in it, you have to backspace over it. You don't want that there twice.
6) Paste in the address (Control V, or right click)
7) Don't fill in any other boxes unless the picture is big. You should have already resized it.
8) Click insert.
Bob

AF1QipN24DCQwY2_5tE-UWpXt1VpAvEgjCEFJzJlPYI4

This is what I get with a resized photo using photoshop. I tried another photo inserting a size into the height section and I got the same thing only much bigger. I checked how to resize google photos pictures and it said to change the size parameters, but as you can see in the address that annoyingly shows up there are no W or H parameters listed. 

I would love to be able to post pics, especially once we get on the road, but I can't seem to get this old fart brain wrapped around it.

Stephen said:
AF1QipN24DCQwY2_5tE-UWpXt1VpAvEgjCEFJzJlPYI4

This is what I get with a resized photo using photoshop. I tried another photo inserting a size into the height section and I got the same thing only much bigger. I checked how to resize google photos pictures and it said to change the size parameters, but as you can see in the address that annoyingly shows up there are no W or H parameters listed. 

I would love to be able to post pics, especially once we get on the road, but I can't seem to get this old fart brain wrapped around it.

Email me the link to the picture and I'll try to inert it. my email is [email protected]
Bob

akrvbob said:
It doesn't work for me, I get a 404 error.
Bob

This just keeps getting stranger! I checked the link again this morning and it went right to the pic. Maybe it's because I have it on Google? Picasa isn't there anymore. My photos, at least for this, are on google photos. The pic I am trying to use is resized to 640X480. However when I try to put it into a post, I get that broken pic thing and partial url. If I try to put it as an attachment, it says the picture is too big. Maybe I just won't post pictures. 

Just move along! Nothing to see here!    :cool:

Latest posts