Hi, I'm Jack.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77jack77

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jack. 

I live in a small village in Cheshire, England. My main hobbies and interests are fishing, walking and cooking. 

I am currently in the planning stages of a van conversion. I will be mostly using my van for holidays. Getting out and exploring the country is fantastic but my finances are often limiting. Hotels, B&Bs and even campsites can be very expensive in England. So I hope that a van will allow me to enjoy much more time exploring my country. This list of places to go is massive!

I'm not an electrician, plumber or gas engineer. (In fact gas scares the hell out of me!) So I hope to convert my van simply using things such as solar generator battery packs, a self contained porta potti toilet and hand pumped water taps. I'm not so bad at woodwork, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. 

I know I said I will be using the van for holidays but it could become more than that. I work in hospitality / catering management and I quite fancy a change. However the change I have in mind requires me to go back to university for a year and complete a masters course. However the cost of university fees, moving away for a year, renting and other associated living costs made me believe that this was an impossible goal. However Bob, through his videos, and the wider community have opened my eyes to a style of living that could be cheap enough to make this goal possible. For that I would like to thank this amazing community which I can not wait to become part of. 

I have a few questions about the build already, so no doubt I will be posting some threads about that. In addition I'm looking forward to exploring this site to look for more inspiration. 

Cheers!

Jack.

Greetings and welcome to the CRVL Forum   :)

What would you study at UNI if you were to pursue a Masters Degree?  I live in a University district with numerous educational institutions about and each summer I see more old RV's and Van rigs in the district.  So I suspect 
those in summer quarters or terms are living in them while in classes and avoiding expensive rent in the "just office
campus" rentals. 

Since you are looking at your first Van conversion,  let me invite you to view the links below in my signature line.
You may find some  ideas that could be of use to you.

All the best !

Welcome! You have a beautiful country to van around in, and y'all have more free park ups and stuff like that. It should be a wonderful experience. Looking forward to hearing about your plans and adventures.

Welcome Jack to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Thank you to those who have welcomed me so far. I have spent a while reading a lot of previous threads which have proved very informative.

eDJ_, if I go back to study for a masters it will be in environmental health.